Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash Towels fraying?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. After five - six uses of the waterless wash towels, the ends are getting frayed. I only use these blue waffle weave towels with the waterless wash and the detail spray.

I pre-soak the towels with the microfiber revitalizer in a five gallon bucket with the grit guard. They are washed on a warm and delicate setting with 2 oz of the microfiber revitalizer. Then I air dry them. Below is a picture of what one of the towels looks like after this process was completed after about 5-6 uses. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated! :glasses:

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong in caring for them. I use my blue towels all the time and even tumble dry them and haven't experienced any fraying with them. Are all of yours doing that or is it just one?

Thanks for the quick replies! Nope, I am super careful around the Infiniti badges and logos. I have about eight of these towels and three of them exhibit this fraying. They are the three oldest of the bunch I purchased too. I'm thinking I could cut down the loose ends to prevent further fraying?

Two months old at this point. I ordered them Dec 30th

That's not typical of our towel performance. Please give us a call to warranty these towels. Going forward, only presoak them if they absolutely need it. Otherwise it's just a waste of time and product. .02

Mook

20 blue waffles, 4 great whites....extended use, no issues here. I've had some threads pull out in the middle from me catching them on badges though. Glad you brought it up, something for others to look out for. We've ID's numerous items for the Adam's crew on the forum that had issues, unknown to them. Working group.

Good to see they took care of you!

Guest Gone & Forgotten

No, mine are just trapezoid-shaped. Was a little pissed when I got them. Same with one of my great whites. Not at all square and strange to fold.

Yes the same thing happened to me. I just bought some blue waterless weave towels and 1 started fraying at the ends after only 2 washes. I could see after a few weeks of constant washing or a couple months, But 2 WASHES! I only wash them seperate[alone] no bleaches,no fabric softners with liquid soap cold/warm cycle.I don't even put them in the dryer just for this reason. I was compensated by the Adam's team immediatly. I hope this doesn't become a problem only time could tell,cause i want reliable towels don't want to have:xfingers: to worry about it :(

the towels are of course covered under warranty if you have any issues, but keep in mind guys... a slight fray of an edge doesn't make the towel instantly useless. The way microfiber is constructed its unlikely that the fray will even spread due to the manner in which they're woven together.

• 3 weeks later...

My towels are doing the xact same thing. Had a problem after washing only 2 times and were replaced immediately by the AWESOME ADAM'S TEAM &customer service. But unfortunately I'm having the same issues with my other waterless weaves that have only been washed 4-5 times. I see it starting on all of them have 8 some worse then others. Starts in a small section pulling apart and it's just a matter of time the whole edge starts fraying. The oldest towels are only2-3 months old max and none of them have been washed more then 5 times max if that. Yes I only wash them seperate with liquid tide warm cold setting no bleaches,dyes or fabric softners etc and hang dry. Never put any in the dryer for this reason. Always hang them up, apparently didn't matter. I know I could call the Adam Team and they would take care of me. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen and I'm losing confidence. Plus don't want to be a CRY BABY everyone is so cool i'd feel like a pest. I guess it is what it is. Am I doing something wrong? I think Adam said before some fraying is normal and it won't go into the towel any futher. Only use with waterless wash and detail spray also. Maybe my washer just don't like them. Sorry so long.

im pretty sure that's not normal. i have 3 GW's and 4 WW towels that ive had well over a year and have done countless washes and touch-ups. i was them after every use and they still look brand new.

You have the blue waterless wash weave and they haven't started to fray at the edges at all? WOW then I must be getting bad batches Adam already replaced 2 once already. Do you do anything special? I have a 7yr old maytag washer and don't have any other problems wiyh any other towel except these. Thanks for the response. A year is a longtime I'm sure they been washsd numerous times. Lucky you

I would say he is definitely the lucky one. It honestly doesn't bother me that bad but they probably should have lasted longer before the edges frayed, considering the price point. They still work fine though, I trimmed down the fraying to make it less noticeable.

You have the blue waterless wash weave and they haven't started to fray at the edges at all? WOW then I must be getting bad batches Adam already replaced 2 once already. Do you do anything special? I have a 7yr old maytag washer and don't have any other problems wiyh any other towel except these. Thanks for the response. A year is a longtime I'm sure they been washsd numerous times. Lucky you

all i do is wash them in cold water on a short cycle with woolite/dreft. if theyre real dirty i use a little of APC. i've found that its better for me to hang dry all of my towels because its too much work cleaning out the dryer before throwing them in so they won't get linted up.

Friends, we completely understand the aesthetics have changed, but we just want to make sure we understand: THE WW TOWELS WORK EXACTLY AS WELL WITH LOOSE THREADS AS THEY DO WITHOUT THEM.

Exactly, completely as effective.

Thanks!:thumbsup: