Customer Service 866.965.0400

CRV Rims

gencoupe3dot8

Anyone buy refurbed rims.... I have been looking for OEM rims for less... but have seen bad reviews on some of the more popular refurb OEM places...

Allfactorywheels.com (some negative feedback)

finishlinewheels.com also some negative reviews

Any ideas?

The dealer price is off the charts.

The car in question is a 2010 CRV LX, I want to move to EX rims.

Thanks in advance!

The wheel industry as a whole is full of a lot of difficult to deal with and poorly rated companies. I myself have never bought refurb wheels, but I have bought reproductions. Often times if you can find a repro. wheel thats an option thats often times cheaper than even a set of OEM refurbished ones.

There are a ton of companies out there that produce reproduction wheels, but for a honda CRV that might be a hard one.

• 4 weeks later...
I bought a refurb for my Acura TSX and they've never been able to balance it quite right. No idea what's up with it.

My guess was the wheel was trashed to some extent and somebody thought they could fix it. And you being the end user would not have bought it had you of known of the initial damage that was supposedly repaired. Kinda like buying a salvaged car for lack of a better explanation. Those often times don't drive right, or have serious issues.

My guess was the wheel was trashed to some extent and somebody thought they could fix it. And you being the end user would not have bought it had you of known of the initial damage that was supposedly repaired. Kinda like buying a salvaged car for lack of a better explanation. Those often times don't drive right, or have serious issues.

Yeah, who knows. I got it through discount tire.

Many aftermarket manufacturers make inconsistent quality rims. This is one of the reason why factory wheels cost a lot of money. For example, for my Scion xB, Toyota dealers are asking for $2,200 for 19" alloy wheels upgrade from factory 16" steel wheels. This does not include tires. However, I would trust Toyota first, before any other companies. Unless, the style is just not my taste.