Customer Service 866.965.0400

brand new truck

needham

Question

so I finally got a new truck......ordered a 2013 Ram longhorn that will be here in a few weeks.

questions:

since it will be straight from the factory how much damage can be done? (assuming dealer doesn't "detail" it)

after claying you think I can get by with FMP? or SHR then FMP?

since this is my first dodge/ram, what is the clear like on these??? I always had GM which seemed fairly hard.

thanks

9 answers to this question

I would try strip wash,,, clay entire truck, IPA wipe down, the hit with FMP on a test section and see what results you get. If need try SHR and see what happens. Once you know what step to start with, polish her down, then put sealant on it, BG then Americana. :thumbsup:

I am really hoping this new ram is easy compared to the week long ordeal that I did on my Avalanche that I owned for 7 years of swirl-o-matics...... 2x sshr all the way down to fmp.......... anything is gonna be easy compared to that!!!

BTW, did I mention the new truck was BLACK......yep it should be here in a few weeks! I cant wait!!

Sounds like a plan Brian. I have a Magnum and I found clear to be in the middle not easy to work and not really hard. Haven't done a full correction on it just some test areas and it was ok . Just haven't had the time to take it to the next level. Good luck with the Ram! Ask the dealer not to really prep it for you I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

Congrats on the new ram. Have a black 07 ram myself and have been wanting a new 13 lately, but wife won't let it happen lol. Can't wait to see pics. Did a full correction on mine for the first time last year and had a hell of a time getting it scratch free with the porter cable. Though, that was the first time it has been corrected in five years, and I didn't learn about Adams products and the proper 2 bucket wash technique until just last year. Now that I have been giving her some Adams care, truck has stayed swirl free throughout the harsh winter. The flex upgrade is definitely on my list soon

Guest Gone & Forgotten
I am really hoping this new ram is easy compared to the week long ordeal that I did on my Avalanche that I owned for 7 years of swirl-o-matics...... 2x sshr all the way down to fmp.......... anything is gonna be easy compared to that!!!

BTW, did I mention the new truck was BLACK......yep it should be here in a few weeks! I cant wait!!

You are in for LOOoOoOoOng washing/detail/correction sessions. Get used to your garage. Put a radio, wet bar and a Murphy bed in there. Have your mail forwarded.,,

I gots 2 black 2012 cars (Silverado I call Blackarado and a 300) and a white Chevy express. Guess which ones I spend the most time on?

How much that truck kill the financial future? :lurk:

:thumbsup:

I don't expect it to stay swirl free, I really don't......I do expect it to be 100% better than the dark colored (black, blue, ect) trucks I see around town.

as far as financial future, didn't hurt at all really. I got a great deal and been planning on getting a truck for a while.....big step up from a 2003 avalanche. I am pretty excited, I am 36 and this is my 1st brand new vehicle.