Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Shampoo for Clay bar lubricant

tuckdaddy

Question

Saw this on another forum im a member of and was told to "save my money and to use soap or spray wax"

This was the video posted [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXopfjk7ZS8]How to use Paint Clay - YouTube[/ame]

Just wanted to hear yalls thoughts on this. Discuss

12 answers to this question

I personally have not used soap as a clay lube but others do it everyday. There are several ways to skin a cat. Since I only clay once or twice a year I use detail spray since I am not worried about cost per use. However, a person who details for a living and clays everyday would literally be pouring money down the drain by using Adams detail spray as a lubricant.

i was just thinking that he had just washed without rinsing the car and started to clay so he would in essence be doing damage to the paint by swirling in the dirt not in the clear coat?

He has washed the car very thoroughly and obviously plans on correcting the paint anyway. Any microscopic marring (if any) will be removed along with everything else during the polishing process. Saving time, product and effectively money while achieving the same results is the ultimate goal when your detailing for money :thumbsup:

He has washed the car very thoroughly and obviously plans on correcting the paint anyway. Any microscopic marring (if any) will be removed along with everything else during the polishing process. Saving time, product and effectively money while achieving the same results is the ultimate goal when your detailing for money :thumbsup:

i should have ended my post with not following up the clay with a paint correction. But just for maintenance washes i wouldn't worry about it if i was going to polish a car, no sense in wasting time and product haha

i was just thinking that he had just washed without rinsing the car and started to clay so he would in essence be doing damage to the paint by swirling in the dirt not in the clear coat?

I've watched that video and others from the same guy.

At that point, he has already washed and rinsed the vehicle off. What is does is take a clean car wash mitt or pad, dunk it a clean bucket of soapy water and then apply it to the panel he is going to clay, therefore he really isn't doing any damage to the paint. (Other than the micro marring that occurs when you clay)

I used ******* spray as lube

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Just a friendly reminder discussion of other companies products is now what the forum is here for, this forum is operated and paided for by Adams polishes for the further developement of products and detailing techinques.

I don't ever use that much DS for claying, maybe 8oz but I also wash and go straight to clay no need to dry between as long as your in a garage.

Just a friendly reminder discussion of other companies products is now what the forum is here for, this forum is operated and paided for by Adams polishes for the further developement of products and detailing techinques.

I don't ever use that much DS for claying, maybe 8oz but I also wash and go straight to clay no need to dry between as long as your in a garage.

Sorry, I just meant that It was on my shelf, and because I use Adams detail spray for important stuff and I didn't want to waste it I was using megs just to try to get rid of it

Sorry, I just meant that It was on my shelf, and because I use Adams detail spray for important stuff and I didn't want to waste it I was using megs just to try to get rid of it

Same same for me as well...

No worries I still have some other companies products that I'm finishing/just replaced with Adams products, if you pay attention to the daily specials they usually have DS on sale, also buy gallons and a refill funnel

No worries I still have some other companies products that I'm finishing/just replaced with Adams products, if you pay attention to the daily specials they usually have DS on sale, also buy gallons and a refill funnel

:shake: