Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looking for a new truck..

Schwag one

MPG numbers are in for the new A8 RAM 1500... 4x4 is 15/21 up from 13/19

All things the same, but with the new 8 speed trans, raises MPG 2 points. Not bad IMO. 395hp and 407tq. Not bad for a brick!

;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well the results are in...I like the Silverado, but drove another Ram sport and I loved it. Once this stupid furlough is over, the Jeep is gone and I'll be in a new Ram or if I can talk my wife into it, I'll keep the Jeep and trade the Camry...I pray! :) I drove another one today between work appointments. The 8 inch screen is very very nice, although its the same as the Jeep. Seats were so comfortable which would be great for a DD as I drive 35k+ year. Numerous other perks for a DD. Plus it wouldn't be a bad thing having a truck that has the best mpg's in the house :)

My ideas, lower the front 2 inches and it will be a mean looking machine!

Seats were so comfortable which would be great for a DD as I drive 35k+ year. Numerous other perks for a DD. Plus it wouldn't be a bad thing having a truck that has the best mpg's in the house :)

If you put that many miles on a car every year, why not go after something that gets better gas mileage as a commuter/DD? And then park the truck and use it when needed. Just a suggestion. Unless you need the truck for work. I had a Tundra and traded it in on a Duramax then waited a year and picked up a CR-V. Best thing I did. I save between 150 and 200 bucks a month in gas going from the Tundra to the CR-V and I don't put 35K a year on a vehicle. More like maybe 15K, or less. So your savings would be greater. Just an idea. I might also add that it goes really well in the snow along with the great gas mileage.

Edited by LFairbanks

Good choice! That's what I've got ordered. White CC SPORT 4x4, but I only put a little over 10,000 on mine a year and they're mostly highway.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Signing papers on a '13 Blue Pearl Quad Cab Big Horn with all the options now....

3.92 gears. Bye to the mileage. Not that it had any to begin with.

Signing papers on a '13 Blue Pearl Quad Cab Big Horn with all the options now....

3.92 gears. Bye to the mileage. Not that it had any to begin with.

I order the 3.92 and LSD as well! Great choice and beautiful color! I'm amazed how many of us are getting RAMS! I think people are noticing that they've really done their homework and deserve a look.

Check out the Adams sponsored forum www.ramforum.com for more RAM knowledge and help me advertise Adams! ;)

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Had our HEMI Jeep Cherokee for nearly 2 years, love the vehicle! Motor and trans performed without issue. Don't like the MDS, and there is a chip that disables it. (Adding aftermarket exhaust provides an annoying drone, unfortunately. I hear Corsa makes one that doesn't drone, but chose the Magna Flow.)

Sold our 5.7L Jeep last week, and and am replacing it with another Jeep....if it ever makes it out of Michigan.

Like the Ford and GM pickups too, but for some reason, the RAM trucks talk to me to more than the others...also, at our local dealership, you can get $9K off the sticker on the RAM!

:2thumbs:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

With employee discount (step-brother is retired Daimler chrysler employee) and 4k in rebates (nobody qualifies for all of the rebates they show in the ads) - I got a $38k truck for $28k. Got $4900 employee disc and negotiated the rest.

They closed at 6pm... I left at 8:30.

My silverado is a fine tuck for work.... But I quit using it for work 6 weeks after I started my business. Can't bring myself to trash a new vehicle for painting. I won't miss the silverado and its blandness.

Weather is horrible here the next few days... Will post pics later this week. Len is on vacation so I can't use his digs to do my truck. Lol.

Congrats to all new RAM owners.

Adam, I'd be happy to sell you an 08 srt8 with just under 20k miles for cheap ;). The other great thing I forgot to mention is I'm able to receive a discount due to the company I work for. Chewy, did you buys yours local? I ask because EVERYTIME I've bought a car I've always traveled to Chicago or elsewhere as I can never find what I'm looking for local

Adam, I'd be happy to sell you an 08 srt8 with just under 20k miles for cheap ;). The other great thing I forgot to mention is I'm able to receive a discount due to the company I work for. Chewy, did you buys yours local? I ask because EVERYTIME I've bought a car I've always traveled to Chicago or elsewhere as I can never find what I'm looking for local

It's an Enterprise lease and it's coming into Krieger in Muscatine. It still hasn't been built. That's what sucks about going through Enterprise! I waited 8 months for my G8!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

^^ tell me more..you went through Enterprise rent a car? Were you able to get a a better deal over going through a dealer? Give me the details man, I need the details. Ha. The summer months are coming... Chris be ready to see the Jeep screaming down city streets going speed limit of course!

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Weather here sucks... It'll stay parked here with 39 mi. on it until this weekend or when the weather breaks.

Full of water scale, etc. could be a pain. :help:

Just like every other car I buy.....:confused:

^^ tell me more..you went through Enterprise rent a car? Were you able to get a a better deal over going through a dealer? Give me the details man, I need the details. Ha. The summer months are coming... Chris be ready to see the Jeep screaming down city streets going speed limit of course!

Hey Chris, my family owns S.J. Smith Welding, Safety, and Industrial Supply which is headquartered out of Davenport. This is a corporate vehicle like my G8 currently is. We lease probably 35+ vehicles from Enterprise so we get a "fleet" price on everything. I posted my invoice on Ramforum so that people could see what the actual cost is on items and have some power to negotiate.

Chris