Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clean the work truck

duramax

Hello everyone ive been here a few times before and now that good weather is near us i want to clean my dads truck for him when he goes away this spring. Ive always cleaned it real good and took care of the paint as best as possible but its an 04 work/plow truck. As is it one of the best ones in my area. Basically i want to get the paint as perfect as possible and it seems this brand of products are the best. In the past ive used off the shelf product with okay results. What should i get to get it looking good for a daily driver. I usually clean once a week and wax as much as possible. Also there are only swirl marks nothing real bad and the paint is not cloudy but i hate looking at when the sun bounces off the swirl marks, haha. Also the truck is black.:( If someone can make a list of products that would be great keep in mind the price too nothing too crazy seeing im 15 and its coming out of my pocket but a few hundred is fine. I figured if im going to do this i may as well do it right instead of wasting more money at the stores.

thanks!

:welcomebanner: This should be enough to get you started:

742.jpg

Seriously, it's very hard to eliminate swirls by hand, but if you don't want to get a polisher yet, and the paint isn't in too bad of shape, you will still see an improvement with the Hand Polishing kit. And of course, you've gotta start with the basics of a proper wash kit. Buy as much Detail Spray and Waterless Wash as you can afford (they sell gallons for a reason!). And don't wreck all your hard work by not using premium microfiber towels. You can't go wrong with any of Adam's products because they all deliver, plus you have the 110% money back guarantee! Watch the videos and dive into the forum; you will find answers to questions you didn't know you had.:glasses:

Edited by Redbeard

Thanks guys! what would be the best first items to get besides Detail spray and waterless wash? With a starting budget of $300, we all know how that goes though...

You cold go with some of the kits, but try to get a little but of everything. With a truck like yours you're going to want a lot of APC and definitely 2 buckets. Super VRT with you plastic Fender Flares. BG and QS is always a good to have on hand. Pick up the weekly special on DS and a few GWDT's.

But I could go on and on. For $300 start with all the basics, if Americana is't in the budget pick up the buttery wax.

Yea I think the PC will be in the near future. I'm going to try and come up with a list of products, post it here and hopefully get some opinions.

Thanks everyone.

welcome to the forum :) I said I was going to hold off on the PC till at least the summer... didnt happen, bought it 3 days after I joined and watched the vol.8 DVD.

so heres the list, opinions would be great.

Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Combo

Adam's Waterless Car Wash-1 Gallon

Adam's Microfiber Waterless Towels-2 Towels

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Refill-1 Gallon

Adam's Brilliant Glaze-16 oz

Adam's Quick Sealant Kit

Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Car Wax-6.9 oz Net WT

Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel-2 Towels

Adam's Detailing Clay Bar Kit-with 16oz Detail Spray

Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish-16 oz

Im going to hold on the PC for now and see how i do by hand. Im in no rush to finish it really quick so if it takes days then so be it.

so heres the list, opinions would be great.

Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Combo

Adam's Waterless Car Wash-1 Gallon

Adam's Microfiber Waterless Towels-2 Towels

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Refill-1 Gallon

Adam's Brilliant Glaze-16 oz

Adam's Quick Sealant Kit

Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Car Wax-6.9 oz Net WT

Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel-2 Towels

Adam's Detailing Clay Bar Kit-with 16oz Detail Spray

Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish-16 oz

Im going to hold on the PC for now and see how i do by hand. Im in no rush to finish it really quick so if it takes days then so be it.

You're off to a good start, but looking at that list I'd say get at least 4 Waterless Wash towels. If you need to pinch pennies, you can get by for a while with a smaller bottle of shampoo, and Buttery wax instead of Americana. Since you're polishing by hand, you need Revive polish and some microfiber towels. And that 16oz DS won't get you very far on a truck like that; go ahead and pick up a gallon refill. Also pick up a couple of wash pads. And no truck is really clean unless the inner fenders (and exposed frame/suspension) are treated to Undercarriage Spray.

Edited by Redbeard

Keeping a daily driver black truck in shape is a tough task. I agree with previous posts, you are going to struggle polishing the truck by hand. At the very least, buy a Porter Cable kit.

If he becomes a student of Mr. Myagi, it will be part of the training. Polish on, polish off. Sealant on, sealant off.

The Buttery wax is a great product and easier to apply (and smells great!), but Americana is the best Carnauba wax available and lasts longer/gives better protection.

Also, check out this video about hand polishing:

Heres a new list with suggested products.

-Adam's Essential Gallon Refill Pack

-Adam's Buttery Car Wax 16oz

-Adam's BLUE Hex-Grip Polish Applicator

-Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray Gallon

-Adam's Detailing Clay Bar

-Adam's Brilliant Glaze 16oz

-Adam's Quick Sealant Kit

-Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towel.....(2)

-Adam's Microfiber Waterless Wash Waffle Towels (2Pack).....(2)

-Adam's YELLOW Hex-Grip Car Wax Applicator......(2)

sorry to keep asking all the questions but if im going to spend this much money i dont really want to screw it up.

thanks everyone

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Adams 3 best MUST USE NO REpLACEmENT EXISTS products in my stable......

DEtail Spray

Glass Cleaner

Carpet Cleaner

These products amaze me each and every single time I use them.

I order by the gallon.

:rockon:Welcome to the forum and good luck with your detail. All the Adam products are sensational,just watch all the videos and follow the proper steps.As you go on you'll figure out what stuff you use more and will stock up on later. Also theres always daily,weekly & other specials all the time so keep an I on that. As far as a list goes I'd buy everything you could possible afford. The bigger the package the more stuff you get and the cheaper it is. Remember the shipping fee is a flat rate also. GOOD LUCK