Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pool Time!

Z71_Denali

we're meeting with a pool builder this afternoon. i've sketched out something we like. let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions. i'm by no means an expert on pools.

we're going for a volleyball type pool; no deep end and the middle a little deeper than the perimeter. my wife wanted a tanning ledge/sun deck and i really wanted a hot tub for the winter time. we may or may not do the waterfall; just depends on the extra cost for it. concrete will most likely be kool deck, its less expensive. no idea on landscaping though; we're not "green" people :D

the back door to the house is under the covered patio off the page. the master bedroom is right between the covered patio and dog run. garage is along the right wall where i drew some patio furniture, and that door is the gate to the driveway. the backyard dimensions are 33'x40' (4' easement from property line) and the pool is about 14'x28' plus the ledge and hot tub.

B931EFD4-0D30-4D48-9153-0EDC17818644-2999-00000130A91C35DA_zps2770eb7a.jpg

Nice Set up,,, Company I work for Builds Pools here. We wanted the sports pool also,, middle was 4.5-5 deep and ends were 3.5.

Not sure on prices on your end, but here they are sky high. pool like your drawing, shoot every bit of 65000 all day or more.

Nice Set up,,, Company I work for Builds Pools here. We wanted the sports pool also,, middle was 4.5-5 deep and ends were 3.5.

Not sure on prices on your end, but here they are sky high. pool like your drawing, shoot every bit of 65000 all day or more.

thanks, they're a little less here. quote we got last summer when we were building was 48 for a similar design and we decided not to do anything until we had the cash to; it was too late to roll it into the mortgage at the time.

sports car fund is still set aside, happy wife=happy life, but i'll be damned if she postpones my dreams :D

Is your pool going to be salt or fresh water? Our Friends in Saginaw' date=' TX have a salt pool.

Nice sketch.[/quote']

i wanted salt, but every pool builder and supply company out here doesn't recommend them because the city water is so hard. they all say the same thing, "it will cost us more time and money to maintain a saltwater pool with the type of water we have here"

usually its the other way around.

contractor we want to use just left.... he said most the systems he installs out here on city water are saltwater without any complaints, and the supply companies tell you otherwise because they're losing money in the long run :willy:

We have very hard water here in the Tampa area too and I have had two pools, one salt and one normal. The salt pool was fine with the very hard water, loved it! Maintenance was super easy and my kids who have sensitive skin did much better with the salt system.

Your plans look great!

contractor we want to use just left.... he said most the systems he installs out here on city water are saltwater without any complaints, and the supply companies tell you otherwise because they're losing money in the long run :willy:

What type of coping are you planning on? I used flagstone on mine and because of that, I didn't go with salt for my pool. The salt in the water will etch/pit the flagstone because it's on the softer side.

Love the layout by the way.

I can't be only person wondering when the first pool party is gonna take place!!:2thumbs: Great design!!!!!!

You start a new trend, detailing your car from the comfort of your big freakin pool!!!!:D

What type of coping are you planning on? I used flagstone on mine and because of that, I didn't go with salt for my pool. The salt in the water will etch/pit the flagstone because it's on the softer side.

Love the layout by the way.

we haven't decided yet, but have a catalog full of different tiles and coping to choose from. i'll keep that tip in mind, thanks!

I can't be only person wondering when the first pool party is gonna take place!!:2thumbs: Great design!!!!!!

You start a new trend, detailing your car from the comfort of your big freakin pool!!!!:D

Bah! when Adam's hosts a detail clinic nearby, there will be one! :thumbsup:

and i can't wait for the hot summer weekends, wake up a 9am, wash a car, hop straight in the pool, BBQ, play some water volleyball :cheers:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

We went salt when we rehabbed the pool in our yard 2 yrs after we bought the house. (Sat as a pond prior). $1500 for salt conversion. I'll save that in 3 years of not buying chlorine. We added 1 bag of salt once after initial setup. $5.

Go salt. Your skin feels smoother and no harsh chemicals. Less maintenance. The chlorinater brain tells you all the stats on your pool. No testing. We had the salt cell replaced under warranty but I blame the wiring the pool guys left. Total spaghetti. I put in whips and conduit myself. Solved.

Now for a privacy fence so the cars going by quit honking at my wife and daughter/step-daughters.

so we put our deposit down yesterday. they start digging April 1st. they said it would be 6-8 weeks before complete... just in time for our 3 year anniversary/Memorial Day weekend!

we are doing a salt system, french grey plaster, stamped concrete with anti-slip sealer, removed the waterfall, and changed the landscaping to be only in the corners. we have a MasterTile catalog, picked out our coping but iffy on 3 different tiles.

• 2 months later...

i've been slacking on documenting the build process here it goes:

hole dug, rebar and plumbing in place:

null_zps25192e6b.jpg

the spa is massive!

null_zps667a85d7.jpg

gunite sprayed:

null_zpse89a550a.jpg

null_zps69798418.jpg

my wife's favorite part

null_zps233db8d3.jpg

coping and tile going in:

null_zpsd2bd810c.jpg

close up of the coping cleaned up next to the tile:

null_zpsc4e3f16f.jpg

stamped concrete is poured and the stone is on the spa:

null_zps20299fb1.jpg

null_zps844060cb.jpg

null_zps97fe6ae4.jpg

null_zps3b5b7b69.jpg

we had our first visitor! 3'-4' bullsnake

null_zpsf669121e.jpg

the plaster going in! my favorite part. i didn't realize it was a blue plaster. its called Diamond Brite Ocean Blue

null_zpsfd666b28.jpg

null_zps3936b063.jpg

filling it up with a water hose. it should be full sometime today.

null_zps2943da5e.jpg

null_zps694a0223.jpg

null_zpsf2ecf424.jpg

null_zps985f0b19.jpg

null_zps3236a8bd.jpg

notice, i didn't let them touch my Adam's hose :D that's my old Gilmour that's been collecting dust. PB got good use of it the past month!

that's where we are at right now. all that is left is the pool equipment and electrical, then the final clean up and final anti-slip sealer for the deck! we should be swimming next weekend!

Edited by 2010TexasEdition