Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 Ram 1500 Express

ExpressThis13

So today is a good day. Ive been approved for a 2013 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab

4wd

True Blue Metallic Pearlcoat

Chrome Clad 20's

Hemi of course

Now heres my delima. It has tow mirrors, trailer brake control, and rear view camera. The rear view camera doesnt bother me its actually kinda cool. My thing is the trailer brake and tow mirrors keep in mind it is a 1500 not a 2500 but my thing im not gonna be towing anything so it kinda seems to be a waist imo but however if I put some nice meaty tires on it with tow mirrors it would be kinda cool. So im just looking for thoughts here also im getting a good deal on the truck with incentives and sale.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the new truck. I agree the tows may look a little much on a 1500. I like when 1500's are lifted with meaty tires and have tows. Not sure if just tires may be enough to make it look okay though. Then again it's your truck buddy.

I'm trying to decide if I want some tows on mine when I lift her, but I don't think I want to give up the power folding ones on there now since GM tows aren't power folding. :(

Is there a chance you can talk with the dealership about trying to get them to swap out the mirror for the standard ones?

Edited by JBlack151

Nice options to have.

If they are included with the price the decision as already been made. ;)

Could be a bit much ..Like John stated ..maybe you can make a trade?

Edited by Mongosg8

its how the truck is sitting on their lot. It has the tows n all and I have talked with them about switching out the mirrors for standard ones but it has indicators on the outside and I like that. I will take pictures but I will certainly see about standard ones or maybe check on ones that come on a sport. Now thats an idea..........

I would definitely talk with the dealership about switching. Worse case scenario is the say no the tows stay on, but don't give in too easy. Then you can sell them to pay for the mirrors you prefer. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see some pictures. This thing sounds sweet!

My personal opinion as a person that ordered a new RAM myself, is that the tow mirrors are ugly. I kept the stock Sport mirrors but did get the electric brake controller and hitch.

JMO! Good luck and congrats!!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

I have no idea what the new, standard mirrors cost but I went the opposite direction on my 2003 Ram 1500.....very easy to swap out yourself if you can get a good enough deal on the truck. Pop off the door panels and they're only held on with 3 nuts...the studs are made into the mirror itself...plug in the wiring harness and reinstall....less than an hours worth of work and you have the mirrors that you like

I asked my salesman about standard mirrors and even sport mirrors as this truck has indicators, power and heated so we shall see in the morning when I go to sign my life away lol. The detail will come as soon as weather permitts. First things first though the badging is coming off and the detail lol. Of course I gotta get some exhaust looking at mufflex kits undecided between the DOD14M or DOD18M also whats a good intake for these trucks? Doesnt seem as if they are many options in that department. I was just going to do a Airaid Jr intake so just the tube and drop in filter you know something simple.

I have a mufflex14 sitting in my garage Eric!!! If you want to look at it, let me know. Heck, I may sell it to you if you ask nicely! lol. I meant to order the 18 but had a brain fart. I ordered mud flaps and an EZ down tailgate shock. Just need to figure out what floor mats to get and I'm done. Then I'll move onto the G8 modding.

Vararam makes a nice ram air intake!

Check out www.ramtrucks.com forum for more info!

I asked my salesman about standard mirrors and even sport mirrors as this truck has indicators, power and heated so we shall see in the morning when I go to sign my life away lol. The detail will come as soon as weather permitts. First things first though the badging is coming off and the detail lol. Of course I gotta get some exhaust looking at mufflex kits undecided between the DOD14M or DOD18M also whats a good intake for these trucks? Doesnt seem as if they are many options in that department. I was just going to do a Airaid Jr intake so just the tube and drop in filter you know something simple.

I had a Magnaflow installed on mine, and a very good friend got me an K&N CAI, it sounds real good!:burnout:

Chris sell that to me please!?!? Lol if your serious though I can buy that off you heck I was tore between the 2 but you meant to get the 18 ill take that 14 off you for sure chris. As far as the tows I just woke up so I'm not even there yet lol we shall see

As far as mats chris I'm goin weathertech 100% I had them in my chevy and they are by far the best thing I ever bought besides tires to keep me safe lol

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

WT's are in all three of our vehicles now, but with the floor storage, I'm thinking a rubber mat that flips up easily may be nice.

The 14 is yours if you want it. It's brand new of course and it bolts right in to the stock location. Heck, I'd help you install it if you want. Wait... Do you have the duals under the bumper on the Express? I don't think you do so poo, that won't work!