Customer Service 866.965.0400

First spring cleaning need small advice

bluesy

Question

Ok guys/girls, im about to do my first spring cleaning of the car, inside will be all Adams interior products that i just ordered and cant wait for it to arrive :mail:

The door frames will be waterless wash, unless very dirty ill use some car wash shampoo followed by revive where its bad (to get a feel for the product) and quick sealant (allso to use it for the first time and get a feel for it) i dont think i will overdo it with Wax

Interior and door frames will not be done the same day as the outside, i can do it in my parking spot, while the outside will be at a local DIY repair station where they have a car wash spot that can be rented cheap

Outside will get:

prewash

hosedown

2 bucket wash

degreaser that i have to remove old Wax instead of IPA European cars dont allways love IPA so im playing safe here

claybar

revive (ill start with a few spots that could use a Little extra, and then continue if i have time/confidence for it)

quick sealant

glaze

butter

of course exterior trim gets some SVRT/in&out and the Wheels will get changed for summer Wheel/tyre with everything i can do to them :)

Now for a question, using quick sealant seems easy enough on the video´s BUT for every panel you make do you reprime the pad and spray the panel or do you just spray some quick sealant on the panel?

Besides that, any good advice for this procedure? besides getting a Flex) wish is not an option atm :mad:

8 answers to this question

The door frames will be waterless wash, unless very dirty ill use some car wash shampoo followed by revive where its bad (to get a feel for the product) and quick sealant :

Be careful with the amount of water that you get in the door jambs. The reason I say this is because I had a 2000 Chevy pickup (bought brand new) that I did just this with car shampoo and water and the weather strip clips started rusting. Quick. To the point that the dealer replaced them under warranty and said that he had never seen that before. Not sure if things have changed as far as quality and different manufacturers, but I don't want to find out.

Thx, I´ll take those tips with me :)

cant wait to see the baby wagon AKA stationcar after the whole treatment, might be our daily ride, but i want it to look as good as it can besides a few flaws in the paint

Ok guys/girls, im about to do my first spring cleaning of the car, inside will be all Adams interior products that i just ordered and cant wait for it to arrive :mail:

The door frames will be waterless wash, unless very dirty ill use some car wash shampoo followed by revive where its bad (to get a feel for the product) and quick sealant (allso to use it for the first time and get a feel for it) i dont think i will overdo it with Wax

Interior and door frames will not be done the same day as the outside, i can do it in my parking spot, while the outside will be at a local DIY repair station where they have a car wash spot that can be rented cheap

Outside will get:

prewash

hosedown

2 bucket wash

degreaser that i have to remove old Wax instead of IPA European cars dont allways love IPA so im playing safe here

claybar

revive (ill start with a few spots that could use a Little extra, and then continue if i have time/confidence for it)

quick sealant

glaze

butter

of course exterior trim gets some SVRT/in&out and the Wheels will get changed for summer Wheel/tyre with everything i can do to them :)

Now for a question, using quick sealant seems easy enough on the video´s BUT for every panel you make do you reprime the pad and spray the panel or do you just spray some quick sealant on the panel?

Besides that, any good advice for this procedure? besides getting a Flex) wish is not an option atm :mad:

Don't forget.... before and after :worth:

ill try and take some Pictures, i cheated a bit today and did the worst part of the vacumming today, i wont have time untill next week to start the project :( if the weather allows it