Customer Service 866.965.0400

rolling detail seat or tailbone rough rider?

hemi1300

Question

thinking about adding one of these to my order, little treat to myself lol. Obviously the tailbone is much more pricey, but anybody have a recommendation for which would be best? Have a craftsman rolling seat now that is decent, but doesn't roll for crap sometimes

12 answers to this question

really itching to order it, would work great detailing the hayabusa and cleaning the wheels/wheel wells on my truck. Half the time i end up just sitting on the dirty garage floor bc i can't stand my craftsman creeper/stool sometimes

I have a round craftsman with the round tray underneath. It works well for everything except wheels/tires, gotta get lower to get those.

Sounds like the exact one I have. Just ordered the tailbone rough rider through amazon. Have the prime membership so get free two day shipping. That's one thing I notice I don't like about the craftsman stool, always felt like I was leaning way forward to clean wheels and such, and straining my back, so I would end up just sitting on the garage floor. Hopefully the tailbone is much better

Ive got a craftsman stool as well, and works great for the most part. But my truck is low, and it does get tough doing the lower areas. Just cant seem to pull the trigger on the tailbone. But it would be nice.

I'd push you towards the tailbone, but only b/c you mention your current solution not rolling well. One of the strongest reasons to buy a Tailbone is the large wheels and their ability to get along easily even on uneven surfaces.

The rolling seat is great, and its what I have at home, but on anything less than smooth concrete it doesn't exactly glide along.

Can you polish while on the tailbone, like when you are doing the lower portion of your car and you would normally be on your knees? or would it move around on you, push away, as you put pressure on the PC/Flex?

I absolutely love the tailbone so far. Got to try it out this weekend more than a few times and it's great. Very sturdy and comfortable, I would think it will make polishing the sides of the truck with the pc much easier. The seat height is also just perfect for me, low enough that I can apply svrt on the tires without leaning way over and straining my back