Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time used Adams products, some questions

DrBlockHed

Question

I just washed my car for the first time, I used Adams Detail Spray, APC, Super VRT and a few of their towels.

I'm definitely impressed w/ their products thus far. The car is super clean and looks awesome w/o claying, polishing or waxing, it smell great and the great white towel just sucks up water like there's no tomorrow. My paint is far from perfect, but this stuff works great.

I have a few questions though.

1) How fast do you go through the APC? I used like almost 3/4's of it just cleaning my wheels and the applicators afterwards. Am I using too much or just does it go real fast? I didn't have any issues w/ the VRT or Detail spray, still plenty left over

2) When I'm ready to polish/seal/wax, is that the correct order? Would I use revive, quick sealant, then buttery? I don't have a PC or flex and there are no plans for it in the near future, I have a lot of other things i need to buy first. So this will all be done by hand.

Thanks from the new guy

20 answers to this question

Dilute your APC 1:1. It still works great. I read somewhere that it's 4X more concentrated than comparable cleaners (I'm assuming things like Simple Green).

Question 2: I would highly recommend claying first if it hasn't been done recently. You'll be surprised how much this helps! If you check out the detailing videos that Adam's put out, they show you how to tell if you need to clay by using a plastic bag. Then revive, QS, and wax would be the right order. Personally, I love the Americana paste wax, although I've never tried buttery.

For doing a strip wash with the APC you shouldn't need to use much. Keep in mind the first time you're going to use a bit more because it's the dirtiest it's ever going to be. You can probably get away with a 50% mixture for cleaning pads and applicators, but it's only 2-3 sprays for me.

Revive > QS (Then wait 30 minutes) > Buttery

or

Revive > MSS (Then wait 24 hours) > Buttery

Sounds like you have it all pretty well under control! I'd skip the buttery and go with two applications of AQS. APC goes quickly! Buy all in gallons to resolve the supply issue!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

APC goes quickly! Buy all in gallons to resolve the supply issue!

:iagree:

After my first round of 16 oz bottles, I moved straight to gallon refills for everything but SVRT. 1 gal = 128 oz so if you do the math it's normally about a 50% savings per oz.

Also, check this out for more savings: Adam's Essential Pack - 1 Gallon Refills I believe they will work with you on substituting different products in the 4 pack as well.

Edited by WhatsUpDoc

:iagree:

After my first round of 16 oz bottles, I moved straight to gallon refills for everything but SVRT. 1 gal = 128 oz so if you do the math it's normally about a 50% savings per oz.

Also, check this out for more savings: Adam's Essential Pack - 1 Gallon Refills I believe they will work with you on substituting different products in the 4 pack as well.

$129.... the wife would not be happy with that!

I'm going to get the gallon of APC, I think the SVRT and Detail spray will last me a little while. Then I'll def be going w/ the gallons from here on out!

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to get the gallon of APC, I think the SVRT and Detail spray will last me a little while. Then I'll def be going w/ the gallons from here on out!

Thanks for the info.

On special right now. Adam's Polishes - WEEKLY SPECIAL: Adam's All Purpose Cleaner Gallon with FREE BONUS!

Already in my cart. I placed an order for the new wheel cleaner on Thursday, I want to try and add it to that order and save on shipping. Im going to call first thing in the AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Right there with you. Going to call in the morning also.

Thanks for the info.

10% off with the forum discount code! :banana:

I just washed my car for the first time, I used Adams Detail Spray, APC, Super VRT and a few of their towels.

I'm definitely impressed w/ their products thus far. The car is super clean and looks awesome w/o claying, polishing or waxing, it smell great and the great white towel just sucks up water like there's no tomorrow. My paint is far from perfect, but this stuff works great.

I have a few questions though.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'll chime in as well.

1) How fast do you go through the APC? I used like almost 3/4's of it just cleaning my wheels and the applicators afterwards. Am I using too much or just does it go real fast? I didn't have any issues w/ the VRT or Detail spray, still plenty left over

For most anyone the 2 products you'll go thru faster than any others is APC and Detail Spray... mainly b/c the variety of ways its used on any given detail. APC does seem to disappear quickly b/c of using it to clean one of the dirtiest areas of the car and then having to use it to clean applicators and pads.

As others suggested, buying in gallons saves you TONS in the long run. You can dilute it as well for lighter cleaning. I usually keep 2 bottles on hand 1:1 dilution and full strength for when its needed.

2) When I'm ready to polish/seal/wax, is that the correct order? Would I use revive, quick sealant, then buttery? I don't have a PC or flex and there are no plans for it in the near future, I have a lot of other things i need to buy first. So this will all be done by hand.

Thanks from the new guy

Yes... you've got it right. Your order of application will always be as follows:

1. Wash
  2. Dry
  3. Clay
  4. Polish
  5. Seal
  6. Glaze
  7. Wax

You can pretty much omit any step or steps of the process after the wash/dry but you can't change the order. So for example you can clay, polish then wax, but you shouldn't clay, wax then polish.

Make sense?

Yes... you've got it right. Your order of application will always be as follows:

1. Wash
  2. Dry
  3. Clay
  4. Polish
  5. Seal
  6. Glaze
  7. Wax

You can pretty much omit any step or steps of the process after the wash/dry but you can't change the order. So for example you can clay, polish then wax, but you shouldn't clay, wax then polish.

Make sense?

Yeah it makes sense.....

I already ordered the gallon of APC, Im waiting for the detail spray to go on some sort of special again.

When do you use the dikuted stuff? I love the way the detail spray finishes the car off and dont want to sacrifice the quality of the product.

Im going to the Adams Detail Clinic in NJ in April, do you guys usually have any sort of deals/specials there? im wondering if I should wait to pick up the seal/polish/wax etc until then.

Thanks everyone for chiming in

Yeah it makes sense.....

I already ordered the gallon of APC, Im waiting for the detail spray to go on some sort of special again.

When do you use the dikuted stuff? I love the way the detail spray finishes the car off and dont want to sacrifice the quality of the product.

Im going to the Adams Detail Clinic in NJ in April, do you guys usually have any sort of deals/specials there? im wondering if I should wait to pick up the seal/polish/wax etc until then.

Thanks everyone for chiming in

APC you can dilute, we don't recommend diluting the detail spray.

I use 1:1 APC when only doing light cleaning. If my tires aren't horribly dirty 1:1 will generally get the job done.

I always do this order when I am doing a full detail:

1) Wash - do the wheels/tires first, then two-bucket method

2) Prep - Clay barring, and compound (if needed)

3) Polish - remove minor defects with DA

*it is also important to get good lighting, like halogen or LED work light

4) Trim - dress the trim

5) Wax/Seal

Edited by EPHIOS

I definitely agree with buying APC by the gallon. I made the mistake of trying a competitor's cheaply priced all purpose cleaner with the claim that it can be diluted down to one part cleaner to ten ounces of water. Thankfully I only purchased the 16oz size because it was terrible diluted and terrible at full strength. This is the company that puts out a video of washing an engine with a pressure washer lol. Anyway, you can never have enough Adam's APC!!

1. Wash
  2. Dry
  3. Clay
  4. Polish
  5. Seal
  6. Glaze
  7. Wax

Just to make sure Im correct:

For hand polishing, im using revive

Seal = quick selant

Glaze = Brillant

Wax = buttery (not ready for Americana yet)

Do i have this correct?

Also when claying, i just use detail spray, but after washing the car do I dry it or

leave it wet, clay it with detail spray then wipe it down.

Last, when done claying, I go right to the polish? No in between steps?

Thanks for the help