Customer Service 866.965.0400

Two (Different Sized) Bucket Wash

Kingsford

Question

I just received a new bucket to use for the Two Bucket Wash. However one of my buckets it a 3 Gallon and the new one is obviously a 5 Gallon. So heres my question....

Which would be better, Fill the 3 gallon bucket with soap and water and the 5 gallon with just water OR fill the 5 gallon bucket with soap and water and the 3 gallon with just water.

Hope this isn't confusing.

18 answers to this question

I think this was brought up before in the middle of a non related thread. It seemed like everyone had their own reasoning for each.

If it were me I would use the larger bucket for soap since that is the one I usually have more water in. The smaller one would be just the rinse water that starts off with less water in to begin with and increases as you rinse more and more thru the wash.

Hope that made sense.

I think this was brought up before in the middle of a non related thread. It seemed like everyone had their own reasoning for each.

If it were me I would use the larger bucket for soap since that is the one I usually have more water in. The smaller one would be just the rinse water that starts off with less water in to begin with and increases as you rinse more and more thru the wash.

Hope that made sense.

That's the same conclusion I came up with. As long as there is water above the grit guard on the rinse bucket, it should be fine.

i always find myself running out of water in my 3 gallon soap bucket before my 3 gallon rinse bucket.

i've been tossing around the idea of upgrading though, just forget about it everytime i jump to order the latest/greatest stuff! :help:

Hope that made sense.

I would say use the larger bucket for the rinse water as that is where you are depositing the majority of the dirt removed from the car. More water in that bucket = less that stays on the pad when you dunk it in your clean soap.

Either way works though I suppose

hmm interesting question, one that I believe there will be no "right" answer.

Me personally, I would use the 5 gallon for soap. And my reasoning is a little different than others. My reasoning is that when using 5 gallons of soapy water you would have to use more soap. Although I guess the dilution of soap to water would be the same, something about using more soap rather than less in the 3 gallon bucket would appeal to me.

I feel that 3 gallon buckets are for regular folks using regular car wash products. There has been at least 2 different specials on Adam's 5 gallon buckets with grit guards recently. I actually bought 3 even though I already had plenty of them. The price was too good to pass up. Get another 5 gallon bucket so you won't have to ask this question again. :D

I feel that 3 gallon buckets are for regular folks using regular car wash products. There has been at least 2 different specials on Adam's 5 gallon buckets with grit guards recently. I actually bought 3 even though I already had plenty of them. The price was too good to pass up. Get another 5 gallon bucket so you won't have to ask this question again. :D

:( I have the 3 gallon buckets. :(

I feel that 4.25 gallon buckets are for regular folks using regular car wash products. There has been at least 2 different specials on Adam's 5 gallon buckets with grit guards recently. I actually bought 3 even though I already had plenty of them. The price was too good to pass up. Get another 5 gallon bucket so you won't have to ask this question again. :D

:loser:

So a couple months ago before the larger buckets came out we were just regular folks using regular products...I guess that 0.75 gallons of added capacity makes us all more special now :lolsmack:

:loser:

So a couple months ago before the larger buckets came out we were just regular folks using regular products...I guess that 0.75 gallons of added capacity makes us all more special now :lolsmack:

I had 5 gallon buckets all along. :D I only fill it to about 3 gallons though. :lolsmack:

I've got a 3 Gallon and a 5 Gallon bucket - tried both ways to see which would be the best wash vs. rinse bucket size. My preference is the same as many previous posts - 5 Gallon for washing and 3 Gallon for rinse. Just a preference....