Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Application/Combo for a DD

SIERRAAZ

Question

Curious as to what the best combo is for a daily driver? I sometime work at the office all day and the truck does not move, and other times i drive 200+ mile a day. I read quick sealant can last 4-6 month and buttery 1 month and finally the face melt combo 2 month is what i have read. What are your opinions?

13 answers to this question

Matt, by your forum name I would think you have a GMC Sierra. If so what year and type? I have a 2013 Sierra Ext. Cab. (black)

Yup. I have a 2012 crew cab. White. Ill try a post a picture of it. How do you like yours?

Matt minimumly you could do a wash then clay,revive then a coat of Americana. With a waterless wash and detail spray in between. I think revive is a very underestimated product. I believe it should be in everyone's arsenal!!!!

i've used both QS and MSS on my DD. both have performed superbly. QS is a bit easier to apply, but if i have my PC out polishing already, i use the MSS.

using BG + Americana or Buttery on top of the sealant just adds to the protection... and depth of the reflection!

Matt minimumly you could do a wash then clay,revive then a coat of Americana. With a waterless wash and detail spray in between. I think revive is a very underestimated product. I believe it should be in everyone's arsenal!!!!

Very true, Revive does wonders especially on darker colors

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Mine is somewhat a garage queen... But this 2012 Silvy Ext Cab in Dark Titanium Metallic gets the full treatment whether she's hauling lumber, ladders or sitting in the garage for 2 weeks straight.

Now, my 2003 Chevy Express.... It gets reg store car wash and a Costco wash brush, and that's it. It's my paint wagon. I tried to keep it fresh but my crew will never have respect for anything nice.

Try Machine SuperWax, then top it off with Americana. You get the best protection of sealant with the warmth of carnauba.

Though I have not used this combo, many enthusiasts use this layering method to get the best of both worlds.

Edited by EPHIOS