Customer Service 866.965.0400

Used deep wheel today

MBX5

Question

Been trying to get this wheel clean for sometime now without using clay and hard work.

Hard to see but the dirt on the gold has been baked on for many years

ejaza8u4.jpg

e7e5epa5.jpg

First spray

6eme5avu.jpg

Starting to work

deja4uje.jpg

All clean

9egaqeza.jpg

epude9y2.jpg

Thumbs up Adam's! Worked great with little work on my part. Out of the bottle it smells great when working you do still get a bit of stink but not too strong.

24 answers to this question

Love the bottle. I was just looking at all my other ones and thinking how nice it would be to have that size for everything. Not a huge amount of scrubbing but it did take some light work. I used a Pedro's tools brush I have for bikes. It Fits prefect and I have a few.

Nice results. Did it all eventually turn dark red/purple? I only see a little bit. Looking forward to this stuff for my wheel barrels and a customer's obliterated exhaust tips.

Depending on the metallic content in the brake dust it may turn a little or a lot... on my truck, with the exception of the barrels there is very little color change since the brake dust is not a 'sport' compound.

On european cars or anything with a sporty brake setup (Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, Caddy V models, SRT model cars, etc) you'll see TONS of color change. It cleans extremely well in both scenarios, its just more noticable with a metallic brake compound.

Wow - very impressive ! - Guess I should have got in on this deal....but I have over a gallon of Green Wheel Cleaner that I need to use first......

Note that this isn't a replacement for GWC but rather something much stronger for VERY soiled wheels, wouldn't hurt to pick some up and keep

It in your arsenal or those extra dirty wheels!

Note that this isn't a replacement for GWC but rather something much stronger for VERY soiled wheels, wouldn't hurt to pick some up and keep

It in your arsenal or those extra dirty wheels!

That's why I ordered both the Deep and the Green in this order. I did not have any wheel cleaner and now I will be set.

Been trying to get this wheel clean for sometime now without using clay and hard work.

Hard to see but the dirt on the gold has been baked on for many years

ejaza8u4.jpg

e7e5epa5.jpg

First spray

6eme5avu.jpg

Starting to work

deja4uje.jpg

All clean

9egaqeza.jpg

epude9y2.jpg

Thumbs up Adam's! Worked great with little work on my part. Out of the bottle it smells great when working you do still get a bit of stink but not too strong.

Do you think the Green Wheel Cleaner would have been able to clean this, just with more work? or not really?

Do you think the Green Wheel Cleaner would have been able to clean this, just with more work? or not really?

I used GWC on the rim and had little to no results. Maybe with major scrubbing it would have but that was not in the books for this car. DWC was the key just spray it on give it a quick brush and all clean. From now on I will keep up with GWC.

Is there a down side to the DWC? If the DWC and GWC are basically the same price wouldn't it be an easier product to use all the time?

They're the same price now as DWC is on intro pricing... normal price will be about $5 more for the 36oz product.

Though the smell isn't horrible, there is some odor with DWC that you don't get with GWC.

Just like with Waterless Wash and Detail Spray being very similar in the family of chemicals, theres a place for both. I responded to a question earlier about similar concerns and heres my thoughts:

• VERY LIGHT CLEANING = Car Wash Shampoo & Water Mixture with Foaming Sprayer.
  • MODERATE CLEANING = Green Wheel Cleaner
  • HEAVY CLEANING = Deep Wheel Cleaner

Could you use DWC for all your cleaning? Absolutely... no harm in it. It definitely simplifies the choices, but if you don't need to use your $30 per 36oz cleaner, use your $25 per 36oz cleaner and save the slightly more expensive stuff for when its needed.

They're the same price now as DWC is on intro pricing... normal price will be about $5 more for the 36oz product.

Though the smell isn't horrible, there is some odor with DWC that you don't get with GWC.

Just like with Waterless Wash and Detail Spray being very similar in the family of chemicals, theres a place for both. I responded to a question earlier about similar concerns and heres my thoughts:

• VERY LIGHT CLEANING = Car Wash Shampoo & Water Mixture with Foaming Sprayer.
  • MODERATE CLEANING = Green Wheel Cleaner
  • HEAVY CLEANING = Deep Wheel Cleaner

Could you use DWC for all your cleaning? Absolutely... no harm in it. It definitely simplifies the choices, but if you don't need to use your $30 per 36oz cleaner, use your $25 per 36oz cleaner and save the slightly more expensive stuff for when its needed.

Interesting. Can DWC be diluted like with the GWC? So, in essence, could you recreate the cleaning power of GWC by diluting the DWC? If so, this could create a broader spectrum of cleaning power with the new product.

The iron cutting properties of the DWC is the primary reason you'd want it. Diluting the active ingredient significantly reduces its ability to work on the iron. The overall cleaning ability will be less effected, but when diluted I noticed the ability to remove metallics was impacted pretty heavily.

Used mine just now and notice it stains the hell out of the driveway when it dripped off the rim.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thats strange... we purposely tested this pretty extensively and never had staining. Neither did our beta testers.

Pics maybe? Did it dry on the driveway or it wouldn't hose off even when wet?

Thats strange... we purposely tested this pretty extensively and never had staining. Neither did our beta testers.

Pics maybe? Did it dry on the driveway or it wouldn't hose off even when wet?

Dylan, seems to have dried and can't see it anymore. However I was trying to wash it off w/the hose and it wasn't doing anything. Weird.