Customer Service 866.965.0400

FYI: Overwhelming Response to Deep Wheel Cleaner

Got my bottle. Really disappointed with the smell. It smells terrible. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet though

Clearly you've never used other products in this category... if you huffed some of the others you'd likely gag if you think ours smells bad.

I just got mine and had to smell it. Cherry cough syrup is a pretty good description. I think this smells better than the new DS! It doesn't smell nearly as good as most Adam's products, but about 1,000,000,000 times better than S.

Now I just have to get my car dirty so I can wash it.:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... It doesn't smell nearly as good as most Adam's products, but about 1,000,000,000 times better than S.

Ain't that the truth! I opened it up and smelled it. Believe me that is something I would never attempt with S. There's another word that starts with s that very clearly describes what the other smells like. No not that word! I meant sulfur. After I put the sprayer in I did notice a faint sulfur smell. Adam's did a great job with this product. :thumbsup:

At least now my neighbors won't think I had Castles the night before! :jester:

Flaco and I were talking in the Warehouse today...we both haven't used it per se. He and I have been so busy packing boxes through the finalizing of testing, we literally both have Two wheels a piece with it. I CAN'T WAIT to let loose on the wife's car with this madness! Until I get rid of it, the car not the wife :lol:, I have to maintain it...I think she needs something else. :D

Thank you all again for your business!

Mook

Received a nice sized box of goodies today.

Couldn't wait to get my fix and huff this stuff considering all the feed back .LOL!!

I smelt a lot worse that's for sure. This smells like Robitussin cherry cough syrup.

FedEx said to me ..what the heck is in this box its heavy for car care products.

Told him Im stocking up for the season.

I love adams and i love everything they sell. I bought this as soon as i saw it. This company is thr best out there hands down and mook and dylan are awesome at what they do!

Thanks Ralphy... we appreciate the kind words. :cheers:

I just placed My order! Now I have to get my Camaro dirty enough to use it!

Blasphemy! :lolsmack:

Did anyone else get original 36oz sprayers that were too tall/long for the bottles?

I have not used any of my sprayers yet but the ones that I received with my DWC along with a Green Wheel Cleaner 16oz.are all about an inch to long. They seem like a heavier made spray head then the one that I received in a different order that had the 16oz.leather cleaner in it.

I was just thinking I would just cut them to length as long as the threads are the same on the cap.

Edited by BluedogGMC

Threads are the same. I beleive they are the standard 36 oz sprayers. Cutting them is easy. Just make sure you try and leave enough to be at the bottom of the bottle so it's able to pick up the remaining product.

We leave them long on purpose so the straw bends and coils at the bottom a little, this way you can get every drop out of a bottle even when its down to the last few pumps.

Well hopefully we see the gallon soon so The product never gets to the bottom. :patriot:

It works well. As far as the smell, I took the little red cap off and it had some product, left it in the box all my stuff cam in in my room and just that small amount of product stunk up my entire room! But it worked extremely well on my SS's wheels and they look better than ever! Got them spotless and hit them with some spray sealent... Great product and extremely effective. When the weather doesn't suck I will hit the cobra and GT500 with it. Winner in my book

Also I did not have to use as much product on the wheels as other OTC stuff I've used (and looking at the Sonax videos on youtube I'm guessing that too)... And this is my daily I used it on so it was pretty caked in brake dust.

Got my bottle. Really disappointed with the smell. It smells terrible. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet though

When I opened my box I smelt a semi burning plastic smell and it was awful. I then spun off the cap, removed the red bottle plug and then realized it smells exactly like cherry cough medicine. Confused I went and looked at the black cap and took a sniff of the cap. The cap stank so bad and was so foul smelling! I have verified two other bottles caps smelled this way as well.

Needless to say that cap is now in the garbage. I thought Mook was trying to play some tricks on me :willy:

When I opened my box I smelt a semi burning plastic smell and it was awful. I then spun off the cap, removed the red bottle plug and then realized it smells exactly like cherry cough medicine. Confused I went and looked at the black cap and took a sniff of the cap. The cap stank so bad and was so foul smelling! I have verified two other bottles caps smelled this way as well.

Needless to say that cap is now in the garbage. I thought Mook was trying to play some tricks on me :willy:

Sounds like my bottle too.

There probably the same maybe just the cleaner reacting a little with the bottle and cap. It's not that bad but just seems like it compared to their other products. I haven't used the bottle with the sprayer yet but the bottle seems a little chubby. It does store better though being shorter.

Finally some iron cut stuff from adams. How'd this compare against some of the other stuff on the market?

Now you need this in a gel form to get the really bad tar/ceramic brake dust off. Getting closer and closer to the point I'll only need adams in my arsenal!

This stuff is insane! I had my buddy come by with his BMW the other day and we all know how those brake pads love to shed dust off em like crazy! Needless to say my buddy isnt much of a detailer, so when I say his gray wheels were black and that it was baked on, i said hey bud let me try my new Adams Deep Wheel Clean. Of course he didnt care so I sprayed the rim down and walked away for 5 mins, came back washed it off and BAMMM! Didnt even need to do anything else except dry wheel off! GO ADAMS!

Got to use mine on the truck this past weekend. Although the wheels weren't too bad the DWC did an awesome job. I barely had to use any brushes to remove the grime and mainly allowed for the pressure washer to do the hard work.

So far I'm impressed. I still plan on doing a 1 on 1 comparison with my other favorite cleaner.

Great job on this one guys!