Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mid Winter Detail: 2012 Chevy Silverado Z71

Team Adam's

As we are in the midst of the snowy season here in CO my truck has been getting even more beat up than usual. The salt, magnesium chloride, and gravel have not been kind to my finishes. Since some product testing was needing to be done anyways today I figured what better time to give my truck its 'mid winter' cleaning and renew the protection to get myself thru to spring.

As you can see the truck is still sporting a little coating of snow at the start... temps were in the 30's when I started and products on the shade side of the truck kept freezing to the surface while I worked... but no frozen foam was gonna stop me from cleaning off the gunk! :pc:

PROCESS:

BEFORE:

_DSC9165-1.jpg

_DSC9166.jpg

Note the amounts of salt/mag chloride buildup

_DSC9167.jpg

_DSC9168.jpg

_DSC9169.jpg

Thank goodness for weathertech mats!

_DSC9170.jpg

Wheels got a liberal dose of APC and a good scrubbing

_DSC9171.jpg

Next the deep wheel cleaner with assorted brushes

_DSC9172.jpg

Blasted the truck down, rinsed wheels, then foamed up

_DSC9173.jpg

After the 3 bucket wash, busted out a pool rinsing attachment I've made from an old scrap of hose... hmmmm... new product idea?

_DSC9175.jpg

Pulled in to dry

_DSC9203.jpg

Using the PE and prototype compound for fixing some marring and scratches introduced by a 'clay alternative'

_DSC9205.jpg

On to the 3401, white pad, and FMP

_DSC9206.jpg

_DSC9207.jpg

Topped off with a pass of Revive on a Gray Pad to clean up the paint.

_DSC9208.jpg

_DSC9209.jpg

Everything removed using Double Soft towels

_DSC9211.jpg

_DSC9212.jpg

Trim treated with Super VRT, In & Out, and Block Sponges

_DSC9213.jpg

_DSC9214.jpg

The mag chloride on the roads does a number on the rear chrome bumper... leaves kind a weird copper colored water spot that won't come off with washing, clay, etc.

_DSC9216.jpg

_DSC9217.jpg

Metal Polish 1 & 2 plus a 4" blue metal polishing pad to the rescue!

_DSC9218.jpg

_DSC9219.jpg

_DSC9222.jpg

BOOM! Success!!

_DSC9221.jpg

_DSC9223.jpg

Same issue on the billet bowtie up front... this was after washing, claying, and a DS wipe down

_DSC9224.jpg

Taped off half to show the change then went to work

_DSC9225.jpg

TA-DA!

_DSC9227.jpg

After both Metal Polish 1 & 2 had been completed

_DSC9229.jpg

_DSC9230.jpg

Pulled the weathertechs and gave them a quick rinse, then scrub with APC and fender brush

_DSC9234.jpg

_DSC9235.jpg

Vacuuming the interior out... lots of goldfish cracker crumbs... those with kids know the deal.

_DSC9236.jpg

_DSC9238.jpg

Interior Quick Detailer (prototype at work)

_DSC9239.jpg

_DSC9240.jpg

Little side by side testing

_DSC9241.jpg

_DSC9242.jpg

_DSC9243.jpg

Really liking the look this product leaves. Not very shiny, just a touch darker, no greasy residue or shine. Great for a clean and dress all in one product.

_DSC9247.jpg

Applied to weathertechs too for a 'slippery feel' test.

_DSC9248.jpg

Time to restore the Quick Sealant coating to the outside

_DSC9249.jpg

Wheels got a coating too

_DSC9250.jpg

Early prototype tire coating being applied

_DSC9251.jpg

Outside just in time for some great sunset shots!

_DSC9254.jpg

_DSC9256.jpg

_DSC9258.jpg

_DSC9259.jpg

_DSC9260.jpg

_DSC9261.jpg

_DSC9263.jpg

_DSC9270.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hopefully this one will tide me over till the weather warms up!

_DSC9262.jpg

Edited by Dylan@Adams

You sir, need a Line-X bed liner!

I'd go under the rail on that bad boy. Love that truck!

Also, is that a rotary I see up there? :D

Side note to self: Make friends with someone who owns a warehouse.

Edited by Kingsford

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I knew there would be a 'prototype' product in there somewhere.

I need them weather techs too. I have rubber floors in mine since its a w/t but notice a wear area where my heel sits at the pedals. Wonder if they make em for w/t's...

Nice work Dylan.

Them shoes...lol..

1) Pooling rinse hose..... blew my mind. If you guys make one I'd buy it, otherwise I'm making one right away.

2) Revive and gray pad?.... blew my mind. This will save me so much time since I've always used the blue hex pad. (side note: hated doing it that way)

3) New prototype testing = cool. Can't wait to see if they are ready for spring/summer time.

Looks great Dylan! I am not a huge Chevy truck guy, but seeing yours makes it tempting, you made it look like it should have from the factory. Great job making it look mint with Adam's goods.

Plans for an exhaust? I can't remember if you mentioned adding/not adding one in your original write-up when your purchased it.

Love this shot! Nice work man.

1) Pooling rinse hose..... blew my mind. If you guys make one I'd buy it, otherwise I'm making one right away.

Looking at it... might be able to come up with something here for you guys pre-made. Works great!

2) Revive and gray pad?.... blew my mind. This will save me so much time since I've always used the blue hex pad. (side note: hated doing it that way)

Definitely a nice little 'secret' you'll see thrown in more than a few of my writeups. I love it as a quick/easy 1 step for cars that don't want/need correction, but want to clean up/shine the paint. Also great if you do a 50/50 mix with FMP for a tiny bit of cutting power in a 1 step.

3) New prototype testing = cool. Can't wait to see if they are ready for spring/summer time.

We're testing like crazy to get this stuff ready. More info to come.

Looks great Dylan! I am not a huge Chevy truck guy, but seeing yours makes it tempting, you made it look like it should have from the factory. Great job making it look mint with Adam's goods.

Thanks!

Plans for an exhaust? I can't remember if you mentioned adding/not adding one in your original write-up when your purchased it.

Eventually... seems the new place is eating all my spare cash... mabye this summer I'll get the bedliner, exhaust, and new wheels/tires done.

Slob.

:lol: looks better in person!

Hey... your foglights are too bright. :jester:

Nice job as usual.

Dylan how does the new interior dressing do with moisture? I know the LC streaks when rain hits it.

Haven't tested water solubility yet... still getting the actual function of the product dialed in. I will say this... key features:

UV protection

Low/No Gloss

Odor Neutralizing

Anti-static!

Still very much in progress... I've been using NOTHING but this product on my truck since I bought it so its been in the works for awhile now.

What does it smell like??

It smells exactly like prototype interior quick detailer... its uncanny how similar it smells to that ;)

So this stuff would be like a maintenance cleaning in between conditionings?

Potentially... again its still largely in development so the specifics aren't really defined as far as best practices and use. We have a goal in mind, but still cutting it down and figuring it out in testing. Some of the beta guys have tried an early version.

What does it smell like??

We are playing with a few different scents right now. Nothing odiferously :lolsmack: overbearing, but nothing that smells too much like a cleaner either.

So this stuff would be like a maintenance cleaning in between conditionings?

Exactly. When your interior doesn't justify a full blown cleaning and conditioning...something to spruce it up and keep it that way.

Mook:thumbsup:

You know you've got it bad when you detail while there is snow and icicles on the vehicle.:D

Is it still too soon for a review of your first Colorado winter? Adjusting to the climate must be hard enough, but the thought of magnesium chloride-coated roads really scares me!:help: How do non-Adamized vehicles survive?

P.S. You missed a few license plate blurs.:loser:

awesome!!!

Dylan, FYI, in one of the pics your rear license plate is showing...looks like you forgot to blur it out. But wait, where are your colorado plates!?!

I have the silver birch color on my Sierra. Do you notice a difference when you use the revive polish on your light silver?