Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water spots on windows

Racingctf14

Question

I have really really bad water spots on my windows. The previous owner did not take care of the truck and the water spots are baked in really really well. I just had my truck painted and it looks awesome but the windows and the mirror glass look terrible. What would be the best way to get rid of these spots?

10 answers to this question

Cody,

Im sure others will chime in on this also and giver their opinion.

I had this issue with a customers car last year. I ended up using the 4" orange pad and a few dabs of swirl & haze remover. The pad was used with a cordless drill not an orbital polisher like the Flex or the PC (Porter & Cable) Actually a PC would be helpful too.

I worked it slowly and increased the speed. After a couple passes I noticed the hard water spots in the glass starting to disappear. After I was done I treated the glass with some glass sealer.

Hi Cody,

I know your dilemma, only recently we had a client with baked water spots etched with salt (he lives near the beach). I found claying the glass with Glass Cleaner was helpful in knocking out 75% of the water spots and some etching. I then followed through in the same manner as Mark mentioned but using a PC with 4" plate. S&HR was perfect for most windows. Front windscreen and sunroof panel needed SSR first.

As mark said, finish with Glass Sealant to protect your work.

Good luck and post some pics of your truck when you're done.