Customer Service 866.965.0400

leather conditioner

Black out - Anthony

Question

hi, I'm disappointed with the leather conditioner. all products Adam's are great, but not this one. it wax leather and shine. , I still want my leather mat. wax and therefore it makes the leather slippery and change the color of the leather. and now the leather creaking when I move.

I hope it does not clog the pores of the leather!?

I also conditioning plastics and now everything is polished and slightly shiny. I'll have to remove everything.

15 answers to this question

Definitely using too much. A lot of time, I use my hand to apply it instead of a cloth, rub it in real good, then wipe off the excess thoroughly with a micro. Never had a problem with shinyness. :thumbsup:

Definitely using too much. A lot of time, I use my hand to apply it instead of a cloth, rub it in real good, then wipe off the excess thoroughly with a micro. Never had a problem with shinyness. :thumbsup:

This is what I do. For most details I put it on and let it dry overnight. Most it has soaked into the leather by that point. Putting it on by hand( I use gloves) seems to use less product. Doesn't get soaked into an applicator.

that's too bad, I find love the conditioner.  One 1" bead on the UFO pad will pretty much do most of the front of the car for me.  I only condition the rear seats every 1 in 3 car cleaning sessions, just because nobody ever sits back there.

hi, I'm disappointed with the leather conditioner. all products Adam's are great, but not this one. it wax leather and shine. , I still want my leather mat. wax and therefore it makes the leather slippery and change the color of the leather. and now the leather creaking when I move.

I hope it does not clog the pores of the leather!?

I also conditioning plastics and now everything is polished and slightly shiny. I'll have to remove everything.

I thought the same thing when i first used it and after seeking help here on the forum, I too used too much. My seats where slippery and didn't have a matte look. I wiped it down with a MF towel and after 2-3 days, i was very pleased with the results. I assume this was your first time using it? They should really say to use LESS and use only one application for both front and back seat. If too little, you can always add more. Better to add more than to take off.

Hope it works out for you cause like i said, like you, i as very disappointed at first, but then after a few days, it subsided and got the results i liked. Plus i love the smell of it. 

Good luck

I have so may questions for this thread.. How long ago did you use a leather cleaner and conditioner combo? Was the last product you used an 'all in one' product? - claiming it cleaned and conditioned? I ask because a seat is just like any old leather couch or sofa; an early 90's leather can get extremely dries out due to not properly conditioning it? My guess is like may others is that you used too much product on a seat that has not been properly conditioned. It looked so greasy and slipperly to the point where you don't want to sit on it, at least that's how it was when I cleaned my neglected office chair. I then waited a few days and allowed the conditioner to seap in, thenwiped it down with a microfiber towl, then back to a clean refreshed look and feel

Before Adams I used a product (will not mention) but it came in 2 different applications like Adams. A cleaner and a conditioner.

The product was a really good but left a film all the time.

Once I started to use Adams I noticed a huge difference. The product was not greasy. it cleaned like it should and conditioned like it should.

So what Im trying to say is .. some other products tend to sit on the leather and make it greasy IMO.. where as Adams soaked in and never felt greasy or slippery.

Sometimes people put way too much product on and that could be an issue too. I use small applications ..let it soak in and put another application on and let it soak in. If there is any streaking left after the 2nd application I give it a final wipe down with a MF towel.

too much leather Condidtion you say? IMPOSSIBLE, I say!LOL

hit it with a dry MF towel and the "sheen" will soak in and go away. I really dont mind it if I get a little sheen though.