Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Deep Wheel Cleaner: My Thoughts

Very optimistic about the deep wheel cleaner as I need this badly on my sons Saab. 2003 9-3 that has baked in brake dust for years! I just ordered it and I guess I am playing devils advocate here but this car is a 2011 and some of the other write ups are on newer cars. The wheels on this car to me weren't that dirty. So when I get mine I will really test it!!!! No slight towards Adams because I am an Adams fan.

I saw some wheels that were cleaned before the product was released to the masses. One of them was a 90's Gran Prix I believe with those hex wheels and they were BAD!! This product still needs agitation, but man does it reduce the work AND unlike other like products, is safe on chrome.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Very optimistic about the deep wheel cleaner as I need this badly on my sons Saab. 2003 9-3 that has baked in brake dust for years! I just ordered it and I guess I am playing devils advocate here but this car is a 2011 and some of the other write ups are on newer cars. The wheels on this car to me weren't that dirty. So when I get mine I will really test it!!!! No slight towards Adams because I am an Adams fan.

The last time the wheels on this car have been this clean was the day it rolled off the lot. I've struggled with keeping the barrels cleaned with GWC. The end result was me getting my hand back there an scrubbing. That wasn't the case with the New DWC. Spray, agitate with Turbo Stick and bam barrel clean and move on to the face and rinse.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Used it today on the wife's new car. We bought it 3 weeks ago. 10 months old. Barrels were thrashed! Never cleaned... Dried on muck that was baked into the aluminum.

Using the EZDetailer brush(non Adams product) and the Adams turbo stick with the DWC , I got about 85% of the muck off. It'll require wheel removal to get the barrels right...

My take...

The DWC is a great product and something every detailer should have in their arsenal.

Use it on every car? NO! Like others have stated.. This stuff is great for trashed wheels or wheels that see some brembo style action.

I burned up 1/3rd of a bottle doing my truck and the wife's car. It's not budget-friendly to use it on every vehicle you wash.

Know when to use it and you'll save some cash.

Use the GWC for everything else.

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

I cant wait to get my self a personal bottle of the stuff. Cause I sold out the first couple days I had it! The tester I had which smelt lovely :lol: worked very good.

My post a few days ago was on a 2003 outback and the wheels had never been cleaned other than coin operated pressure washes. I did clean them with Adams shampoo first but it never touched the baked on stuff. After a quick shot of DWC and some light brushing they look like new again.

I can't decide on the wheel woolies or that turbo stick. how do you like it?

-Carl

I love them both equally, they both have their time and place to be used.

-Carl

The turbo stick is unbeatable for cleaning the barrel without removing the wheel. I mainly use the woolies to get in tight spaces, not just on the wheels but all around the vehicle (they're priceless for motorcycle cleaning).

So like Andrew said, it's not really an either/or proposition...get both!:D

Thanks for posting to wear gloves!

I tried the DWC today on my DD 2000 Lexus RX300.

The wheels were in vey nasty shape....much build-up toward the barrel plus the barrel was really bad. It took me 3 applications for each wheel outter lip.

I'm satisfied....I would like to add that when spraying, it did not cling onto the rim like I thought it would....sort of ran down quickly so I laid my brush down on a clean towel to catch the drippings.

BEFORE:

DSC01975_zps037cfad1.jpg

AFTER:

DSC01977_zps611640cc.jpg

Edited by sluggoZ

The turbo stick is unbeatable for cleaning the barrel without removing the wheel. I mainly use the woolies to get in tight spaces, not just on the wheels but all around the vehicle (they're priceless for motorcycle cleaning).

So like Andrew said, it's not really an either/or proposition...get both!:D

Yes, there is none of this buy one or the other. You will buy both and you will like it. :cool:

Much like the question, "Do I buy Buttery Wax or Americana Paste Wax?" Just get both you'll always find a use for them. The day a family member asks if you can detail their car. you run into issue where you can't get the job done without that product you didn't buy because you thought you'll never use it. That's the day you'll say, "I should have bought the Wheel Woolies and the Turbo Stick.":willy:

-Carl

Like the other guys mentioned... they both have their place.

The turbo stick will work for a whole lot of wheels, but there are some times where it just can't get in there. My truck is a perfect example... the clearance from the rotor to the wheel is so tight that it just can't work.

The medium wheel woolie does a great job though, or the mini-turbo stick.

The benefit of the turbo stick is that it has a ton of 'scrubbing power' and works QUICK.

The benefit of the woolies is that you get 3 sizes that are useful for a number of size wheels AS WELL AS tight spaces elsewhere. I use the large one to clean between the cab and bed of my truck. I use the small one on the honeycomb grill.

So long story short, you can't go wrong with either honestly... the Woolies are a tad more versatile. The turbo stick(s) are a tad easier to use.