Customer Service 866.965.0400

New paint question

Racingctf14

Question

I just got my truck back from the body shop where the entire thing was painted due to rock chips and sand damage(and a gm defect). The paint feels like glass still but I was wondering what I should do in order to maintain it and put more of a shine on it.

Here are some pics from before:

tumeqeva.jpg

8aturyga.jpg

2uby7a2y.jpg

myreta4a.jpg

And a few after (the only ones I have of the paint right now)

4y2uheje.jpg

aju6egy6.jpg

degenunu.jpg

I know it is filthy but the weather here has been crappy and they are using liquid de-icer on the roads now so it gets everything soo dirty.

I am planning on ordering Adams premium machine polishing kit soon but I dont know what I should use on it since the paint is new. Should I start with the SSR then SHR and finish with the FMP or should I just use the FMP and then seal and wax it?

Sorry this is so long.

Thanks guys

11 answers to this question

Nice Ride first off. I would double check with the shop that painted the ride, to get their opinion on how long it should be before you polish it. I would think it needs time to cure before you can work on it.

If it is good to polish, then I would start off with FMP after you have washed and clayed. Try it on a 2x2 test section and see if you get the results you want. If not step up to the SHR. If the rest of the truck is really swirled up you might go to the SSR. On the new section you might only need the FMP. After done polishing, then I would use MSS then some BG and Americana.

Better to be safe than sorry.

See what some of the other cats think on here.

Anyway nice ride. :patriot:

But get your Adams supplies rolling to you to be ready.:mail:

I have to wait 30 days before I can do anything to it so I have a little time to start collecting lol. The entire truck was painted so all of the paint is fresh. I figured I would start with the FMP because it looks really good right now and there are 0 swirls in it. Thanks for the info.

I didn't think that I would get hooked but I picked up some APC and some VRT from summit racing over the weekend and could not believe the results. I would have more but we are currently selling out house and buying another so I have to wait(the wife said so..lol). I will get it soon tho.

I have to wait 30 days before I can do anything to it so I have a little time to start collecting lol. The entire truck was painted so all of the paint is fresh. I figured I would start with the FMP because it looks really good right now and there are 0 swirls in it. Thanks for the info.

I didn't think that I would get hooked but I picked up some APC and some VRT from summit racing over the weekend and could not believe the results. I would have more but we are currently selling out house and buying another so I have to wait(the wife said so..lol). I will get it soon tho.

You should be good with the FMP. Just get it stripped good and clayed if needed. Hit with FMP on test section, and you should be good.

Are you getting the Flex or PC?

Trust me on the getting the wife's seal of approval, I know about that deal. I forgot to tell her about the my order for the new DWC. Of course a few days after my Flex order. I can almost see now, since the swelling in the eyes is going down.... :jester::jester::jester::jester: :lolsmack:

You should be good with the FMP. Just get it stripped good and clayed if needed. Hit with FMP on test section, and you should be good.

Are you getting the Flex or PC?

Trust me on the getting the wife's seal of approval, I know about that deal. I forgot to tell her about the my order for the new DWC. Of course a few days after my Flex order. I can almost see now, since the swelling in the eyes is going down.... :jester::jester::jester::jester: :lolsmack:

I am still not sure which one I want. I still have some research to do on both of them. Is the flex way better than the PC? It seems like everyone wants to switch to it.

I have both. Just got the Flex. had PC for about a year.

I love the PC. Really user friendly and forgiving. Only used the FLex on one job. I had a hard time with it, but that is only because I have not learned it. I do love the feel of the Flex and no vibration is great. I can tell it will work faster to correct swirled paint once I get it down on speed and all.

The main thing is budget. If you can swing it, yes I would get it. But pay attention to the videos on it. If you plan on doing detailing on the side and stuff like that it will pay for itself. Just do not go overboard on if on a budget. You can get amazing results with the PC, just make take alittle longer. But the slower the better right :banana:

If you can get to a detail clinic that Adams does or a Adams Dealer in your area to try one out that would be best. That way you can get a feel for both and see first hand how they work. :patriot::patriot:

Edited by GaryW

I am still not sure which one I want. I still have some research to do on both of them. Is the flex way better than the PC? It seems like everyone wants to switch to it.

The PC is safer but if you ever use a flex or a griots garage, you will never go back. The PC just doesn't have much power. The first time you work on pretty hard paint with the PC and youwill want more.