Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I tried out a Rinseless Wash Product

Z71_Denali

Question

as the title states, i tried out some of the competition this afternoon. overall i find it can be useful sometimes, like Waterless Wash, but not all the time. the only reason i got it is due to city water restrictions where i live. i'm now limited to using water outdoors on Tuesdays and Fridays between 6pm and 12am. so realistically i'm limiting myself to Tuesdays since we like to party on Fridays :D

i tried it out on the wife's car, which i just recently did a 2 bucket wash on 4 days ago. dust storm yesterday left it dirty enough WW wouldn't help without scratching and another 2 bucket was too much because a quick rinse with the hose would've been all it needed.

so i tested this stuff out in the garage. it got the job done without harming the paint; however, i am not impressed with how it worked on the part of the vehicle exposed to direct sunlight. i went back over those spots afterwards with Adam's WW.

IMO, i think Adam's would be successful selling a product like this. maybe make the WW formula concentrated with instructions on how to use it as Rinseless or Waterless Wash.

what you guys think?

What did you use as the wash media for this? Washpad or MF towel? I am very interested in a product like this for when my car is just a slight bit to dirty for waterless wash but now soiled enough for me to want to bust the buckets and hose out

What did you use as the wash media for this? Washpad or MF towel? I am very interested in a product like this for when my car is just a slight bit to dirty for waterless wash but now soiled enough for me to want to bust the buckets and hose out

The safest way is to use several plush mf towels and retire them as they get dirty. 6-8 towels should do the trick on a moderately sized vehicle. Its a great product and is very enviromentally friendly - not to mention it saves time and is way cheaper per use than a traditional wash.

Trust me, if enough people talked about it and pushed them, anything is possible. The big thing is they're not against it.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

I also think that this would be a great product for Adam's to add to their line.

Did you pre spray each panel before using MF on it?

What do you mean by pre spray? I just followed the steps on the bottle and used multiple MF towels soaked in the solution instead of a wash pad.

What do you mean by pre spray? I just followed the steps on the bottle and used multiple MF towels soaked in the solution instead of a wash pad.

Usually I'll premix the solution and have a 36oz bottle of it on hand. Before wiping a panel with MF I'll prespray it with premixed solution. I'f found that to be the best and safest way to do rinseless wash.

Usually I'll premix the solution and have a 36oz bottle of it on hand. Before wiping a panel with MF I'll prespray it with premixed solution. I'f found that to be the best and safest way to do rinseless wash.

This what I do as well. Great tip!

I use a 1/2 gallon pump up garden sprayer, makes for less work for me.

Watch Gary dean on you tube. He washes a car with 7.5 gallons of water.

Just to be clear, that was a 'conventional' type wash using a pressure washer. A rinseless 'panel' wash can be done with about 3 gallons of water.

A rinseless 'panel' wash can be done with about 3 gallons of water.

I would agree,been doing it for years.

Just as an added precaution to help prevent swirls,I use (2) Grit Guards in my 4.5 gallon Adams bucket.

This next week my area is going back on water restrictions :mad:

Since it seems that we are having water restrictions more and more (we are seeing both dry conditions more regularly and population increases which are causing more management of water supplies). As a result I see nothing but a growing demand for this type of product.

This next week my area is going back on water restrictions :mad:

Since it seems that we are having water restrictions more and more (we are seeing both dry conditions more regularly and population increases which are causing more management of water supplies). As a result I see nothing but a growing demand for this type of product.

Yup! The main lake that supplies our town is 23 feet low! And they're building a new pipeline to King Ranch where they're drilling a bunch of water wells to also supply the area

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Just to be clear, that was a 'conventional' type wash using a pressure washer. A rinseless 'panel' wash can be done with about 3 gallons of water.

Just to be clear, I knew that. :cheers:

Was pointing out there are ways to conserve water during a normal wash. Rinseless and waterless washes after any sort of rain or contaminant contact scares me.

Just to be clear, I knew that. :cheers:

Was pointing out there are ways to conserve water during a normal wash. Rinseless and waterless washes after any sort of rain or contaminant contact scares me.

No reason for it to :cheers:

geez how much product do yall roll through by using a pump up sprayer....

The dilution ratio is really good. It's 1oz per gallon of water. I usually only use 3 oz to do a car including wheels and door jams.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I'm having my in-ground pool filled with DS next month...

Then building a ramp so I can just drive in and out of it.