Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mag/Chloride strikes again!

scootertrash19

Question

DSCN0013.jpgSo I finally got around to cleaning the Silverado Today, and this is what I find after a foam bath and shampoo scrub down, looks like the mag-chloride they spray on the CO roads is staining my chrome grille, wheels, and bumpers, I will use the 1 & 2 metal polish in the bumpers and wheels, but not sure what to try on the chrome plated plastic grille, any thoughts or suggestions. I will certainly be using the quick sealant when I get this stuff cleaned off!

DSCN0015.jpg

Edited by scootertrash19

5 answers to this question

Was going to suggest applying quick sealant after you fix it, but then saw you're already headed that way. As someone in the same area with the same road conditions and a very similar truck I can attest to how much it will help prevent this in the future.

As far as fixing it, treat those areas just like paint b/c thats what that surface is.

I have detailed a few chrome clad grills here in CO. I would clad the FMP and white pad on the 4" pc. If that doesn't work go to SHR and orange that should take off the nasty stuff. Then protect I always spray my car off after a snow

Thanks for the advice guy's. I usually try to at least run thru the coin wash after each storm, to keep the mag/chl. off but it sat for over two weeks this time. I really think the quick sealant will help stop this. I will get some pics up when I get done.