Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time flex

WayneZito

Question

I don't know if this is a no no but I had to hold the flex with one hand to reach the center of the hood at the top by windshield. Please let me know.

I did the hood all three steps and I actually had to look real hard to find any type of swirl. I am very satisfied. I could go over it again to get it perfect however why eat up my clear coat when it looks absolutely great to me.

12 answers to this question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Go-go gadget arms!

I use a Werner.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Work-Platform-H-1-7-Ft/dp/B007I9MY6Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362890632&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=Werner+AP-20-MP6+Multi-Use+Work+Platform]Work Platform, H 1.7 Ft - Amazon.com[/ame]

I don't recommend using the flex with one hand. It could get away from you and possibly damage the car or something else. Just my .02 If YOUR satisfied and it's good enough for you that's all that matters.;)

I don't want to use one hand but I can't figure out how to polish that area

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Thanks I will order one and give it a try

Got mine at Lowes. Black Friday sale $17. May be around 35-45 in store now.

Great tool to have if you detail.

Got mine at Lowes. Black Friday sale $17. May be around 35-45 in store now.

Great tool to have if you detail.

Do you think a 1.5 foot stool would allow you to lean across the hood of a camaro without the feel of falling across the hood. I can find out tomorrow by using a test stool but I was just asking ??

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I use it on tall vehicles. I'm 6'2" tall so my former camaro wasn't an issue. If you feel brave, test it with another stool, box, anything to get you up about 6-8 inches off the ground. Even a couple 2x10's stacked safely.

There's always the harness option...ya know. Mission impossible 3 style.... Hover over the car and polish away lol.

I use it on tall vehicles. I'm 6'2" tall so my former camaro wasn't an issue. If you feel brave, test it with another stool, box, anything to get you up about 6-8 inches off the ground. Even a couple 2x10's stacked safely.

There's always the harness option...ya know. Mission impossible 3 style.... Hover over the car and polish away lol.

I'm 5-9 so that's the problem,,,,,,,, maybe Adam can make me 6-2,,,, lol,,,,,I may have to wait on a special for that one !!!!

One handed is possible but without pressure I'd be surprised if you could do serious correction that way. The flex only has an 8 mm throw. The only da that i've heard of that can be used one handed and without pressure very effectively is the rupes because of it's massive 21 mm throw. And of course rotaries but that's a whole different ball game.

Basically I just question if you were really getting correction. Take the car out into sun and if you still see swirls, chances are you weren't correcting by using the flex one handed

One handed is possible but without pressure I'd be surprised if you could do serious correction that way. The flex only has an 8 mm throw. The only da that i've heard of that can be used one handed and without pressure very effectively is the rupes because of it's massive 21 mm throw. And of course rotaries but that's a whole different ball game.

Basically I just question if you were really getting correction. Take the car out into sun and if you still see swirls, chances are you weren't correcting by using the flex one handed

I looked at it in the sun and it looks real good. I was able to put pressure intermittently but was afraid of me leaning so hard on that fender. I must have put enough pressure to do the correction. I can reach that spot with both hands putting a lot of pressure on the fender. I HAVE A BIG BELLY !!!!!!!!

I looked at it in the sun and it looks real good. I was able to put pressure intermittently but was afraid of me leaning so hard on that fender. I must have put enough pressure to do the correction. I can reach that spot with both hands putting a lot of pressure on the fender. I HAVE A BIG BELLY !!!!!!!!

Hey man if it looks good in the sun, then I think you're set! :banana: