Customer Service 866.965.0400

new to adams a few questions for the newb

us1champ

Question

Hi everyone.

Sorry this is my 1st post..

I just picked up some of adams swirl and haze remover. fine machine polish and machine supersealant.

my questions are as follows.

I have a CYCLO polisher.. don't know to many people that have one. this is the newer version that is MULTI SPEED. not one speed like the old one.

I don't know what pad selection to use on the polishes. i know most co. seam to go color.. orange pad orange polish ect.

i have that option as the cyclo pads come in

white ( buff )

blue ( very very light correction )

green ( more correction )

orange ( most correction )

I have used other products on the car and most of the scratches and what not are gone but gonna try adams over what i currently use..

SO. any reccomendations on pads for the products posted above? I am thinking i dont need orange pads?

Also, should i take dawn to the car and strip it down? i have heared mix issue with this and don't want to cause any further problems.. my car has matt black stripes and i don't know what if any issue's that would cause.

thanks for your help

chris

4 answers to this question

Not too many people have cyclos, they are kind of the Frankenstein of DA's lol.

What I would do is a test spot. Find where your most scratches and swirls are and get that spot perfect using the least aggressive method you can. For example I would start by using fmp withthe white pads, then if that doesn't do it, move up to orange pad, if that doesn't do it, move up to shr and white pad, if that doesn't do it, move up to orange pads, etc until you make a perfect test spot.

As for strip washes, I would use 3 Oz of car shampoo and 3 Oz of apc in five gallons. That should strip any wax off. Also make sure to use clay before you polish :)

ya i found that out after i bought it.. most dont or havn't used it.. they work great just look funky.

main reason i got it was i can get pads locally and not have to do mail order.. that and if there is a issue it can be handled locally.. and it is built like a TANK! lol

i will try the noted steps above.. will keep you posted.

ya i found that out after i bought it.. most dont or havn't used it.. they work great just look funky.

main reason i got it was i can get pads locally and not have to do mail order.. that and if there is a issue it can be handled locally.. and it is built like a TANK! lol

i will try the noted steps above.. will keep you posted.

You are not the first person who has told me those exact words "it is built like a tank."

The same guy who said that also said it was super smooth!

How are you enjoying it?

it works great.. smooth as you said. it is heavy. but no vibratons like some fo the people complain about.

will be trying out the pads and new materials soon and let you know now it goes.

what machine do you use? i see most is the flex and the pc