Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Time: Super VRT

EPHIOS

Question

When, I bought my Brilliant Glaze and Americana from a local dealer, here in Las Vegas, the owner gave me a 4oz sample of Adam's Super VRT. Prior to this, I been using M's Endurance Tire Spray as my tire dressing.

20130310_085002.jpg

First, I cleaned my tires with M's Super Degreaser (5:1 dilution), and used a tire brush to agitate the dirt and grease from the tire.

20130310_085439.jpg

I let it dry, and removed excess water with a blue shop towels. Then, I grabbed my tire dressing applicator and squeezed some Super VRT.

TIP: Once you primed the applicator pad with Super VRT for the first tire, the next tires, you will be using a lot less. Think of it, when you are using polishes or compounds on a DA or Flex.

Well, here's the result:

20130310_085829.jpg

I love it! It dried flat, dark and not greasy at all. Plus, it will collect a lot less dirt compared to silicone-based tire gels. Keep it up Adam's!

8 answers to this question

If you really want those wheels to stand out, get some Adams APC or DWC and clean the brake dust off them completely. Get some high gloss high heat black spray paint and give it about 3 coats. I used APC to remove all the VRT so I taped off the tires to avoid overspray, but you may be okay if you throw a few coats of VRT on them before you spray. Then I hit the rims with some QS and they still look great, months later. Makes a huge difference!

VRT is my go-to product, especially when shining tires for a show. My 07 SRT8 Superbee also has a lot of black trim, and the VRT is the product for that as well.

The thing I like - it doesn't sling. I used to use one of M's prodcucts (dont' get me wrong, I like a lot of M's products). However, after 100 miles back on the PA Turnpike from Carlisle, the sides of my yellow Superbee looked like I had driven through a tar pit!

VRT doesn't do that at all,. I also use it on some interior plastics on my 03 Viper. Being a convertible, I have the top down most of the time I'm driving and showing it. Being now a 10 year old car, there is alot of UV exposure. Some VRT on the dash and plastic areas, and it looks brand new.

There is only one other tire dressing I'll use if I'm out of VRT, and that is Mother's (not the M I was talking about) FX. Good stuff as well.

That will be my next purchase from Adam's, I've read so many good things about it

For the past couple of years I have been using Superior Cover All, a spray on, no mess, no drips, no wiping and wow, the shine is sick but still willing to try SVRT, trying to go all Adam's here:)

Kevin