Customer Service 866.965.0400

First purchase, help!

Mamba

Question

Just joined and already getting obsessed... :help:

Bought a bunch of things online, Adam's essentials, Deep wheel and tire kit, fender brush, brilliant glaze, quick sealant kit... did I miss anything? :lolsmack:

Anyways my new Camaro got pooped on by 3 birds (or one bird with a bad breakfast) so I couldn't wait for the shipment to get here. Found an Adam's dealer near me and took a quick drive - bought a wash pad, grit guard, and foam gun and got a sample of the car wash soap. Gotta say, car looks great now can't wait until I do a full detail.

Quick question - what's the best way to dry the wash pad? I've rung it out and it feels dry to the touch, but when I grab it from each side and separate and unite the two sides quickly little sprays of water come out. Any great way of drying it? I would hate to leave it wet inside and find out it grows mold or bacteria. I plan on getting the Merino mitt soon, any tips on that one?

As far as the full detail goes - what is a good order and time in between for the products?

• Foam Gun, 2 bucket wash, Dry with Detail Spray
  • Clay entire car
  • Apply quick sealant
  • Apply Swirl and Haze removal
  • Apply Revive Polish
  • Apply Brilliant Glaze
  • Apply Americana wax
  • Apply super VRT

I'm hoping the SVRT doesn't remove the wax in case i get some on the paint by accident. After claying, what are 'wait' times in between each application afterwards? Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Quick question - what's the best way to dry the wash pad? I've rung it out and it feels dry to the touch, but when I grab it from each side and separate and unite the two sides quickly little sprays of water come out. Any great way of drying it? I would hate to leave it wet inside and find out it grows mold or bacteria. I plan on getting the Merino mitt soon, any tips on that one?

As far as the full detail goes - what is a good order and time in between for the products?

• Foam Gun, 2 bucket wash, Dry with Detail Spray
  • Clay entire car
  • Apply quick sealant
  • Apply Swirl and Haze removal
  • Apply Revive Polish
  • Apply Brilliant Glaze
  • Apply Americana wax
  • Apply super VRT

I'm hoping the SVRT doesn't remove the wax in case i get some on the paint by accident. After claying, what are 'wait' times in between each application afterwards? Thanks!

Welcome.

To answer the first question. I find that the best way is to wrong the wash pad out and then swing it back and forth to get the rest of the water out. After that, take it inside, set it on a grit guard and let it dry for a couple days.

Next, the full detail order is slightly mixed up.

1) foam, wash, dry

2) clay

3) swirl and haze remover

4) revive

5) SVRT

6) quick sealant

7) brilliant glaze

8) americana

As far as wait times, there's not a lot. For safe measure, wait 30 minutes after applying quick sealant before applying anything over it. However, I have layered immediately after applying quick sealant with no issue. Other than that, there is no waiting between products.

Welcome Ivan!

I use the overhand motion to sling excess water from my wash mitts as well, then leave it to dry on the Grit Guard. I have never had one get 'funky' while drying.

I was practicing my two hand drying technique with the brushes and Wheel Woolies over the weekend - I am getting good! :D

Thanks everyone. I brought in the pad last night and let it dry over the grit guard like you all advised.

Good thing I asked about the order of applying things, i had hesitations about the quick sealant because I thought i had read in some other thread to apply after claying.

:cheers:

Thanks everyone. I brought in the pad last night and let it dry over the grit guard like you all advised.

Good thing I asked about the order of applying things, i had hesitations about the quick sealant because I thought i had read in some other thread to apply after claying.

If you're not using any polishes after claying, then yes you would use the quick sealant afterwards.

Just remember this order:

Polish --> Seal --> Glaze --> Wax

Technically if your were not doing SHR and FMP, after your clay job you would clean the paint off again then you could hit it with the Quick Sealant. But since you are using the Machine, after you are done with your polishing,, ipa wipedown the paint to help make sure all oils from polish are gone then the sealant, then BG, then Americana. :patriot::patriot:

Erik above me was quicker than I was,,, same thing. :lolsmack:

Technically if your were not doing SHR and FMP, after your clay job you would clean the paint off again then you could hit it with the Quick Sealant. But since you are using the Machine, after you are done with your polishing,, ipa wipedown the paint to help make sure all oils from polish are gone then the sealant, then BG, then Americana. :patriot::patriot:

Erik above me was quicker than I was,,, same thing. :lolsmack:

Hold on, I'm not using a machine. It's all hand polishing in the Adam's Essentials kit, so what is 'ipa wipedown' mean?

Hold on, I'm not using a machine. It's all hand polishing in the Adam's Essentials kit, so what is 'ipa wipedown' mean?

Your fine,,, If you are hand polishing with Orange Hex Grip use the SHR. Then follow with Rivive and the Blue Hex grip. Follow that with Sealant the BG then Americana.

Stay in that order you will be fine. :patriot::patriot:

IPA is isopropyl alcohol. It is good for stripping oils from polishes and existing waxes off the paint. It's suggested to use a 70/30 mixture.

However, revive acts as a paint cleaner and cleanser so using IPA afterwards isn't really necessary. I have never done an IPA wipe down on any of my vehicles, except for when I applied emblems.

Ivan.

Welcome to the Forums and to the Adam's line. Thanks for coming by and let me know if I can help you out in anyway. As we discussed, feel free to come by and try out anything you like. And now you don't have to pay and/or wait for shipping!

- Darryl