Customer Service 866.965.0400

Today I used DWC on some really dirty rims on a VW Routan (see full detail in detail write up section).

Before

VWRoutanDetail020_zps7357e17a.jpg

VWRoutanDetail013_zpsc701b702.jpg

During and after

VWRoutanDetail054_zps131632c7.jpg

VWRoutanDetail055_zps21dd7743.jpg

VWRoutanDetail056_zps25dbc7cf.jpg

VWRoutanDetail057_zps6ec59416.jpg

VWRoutanDetail058_zps66ce8518.jpg

Unfortunately, even after 3 applications and agitations, this was left over.

VWRoutanDetail060_zpsa7285659.jpg

VWRoutanDetail064_zps6d1138e4.jpg

VWRoutanDetail065_zps28823af1.jpg

VWRoutanDetail059_zps197963a8.jpg

Overall not a bad product, but not a miracle worker. It makes cleaning rims easy though.

Did you get into those barrels with a TurboStick or anything like that? That's what I did on my VW's wheels this weekend and it really did an amazing job. But I also know sometimes that barrel gunk can be on there really good.

Went back there 3 times with a wheel woolie and that was the bottom of the wheel so I had full access to it.

interesting... wonder what in the barrels is stubborn enough to stand up to the cleaner.

whats up with the green in this one? almost looks like APC on the there too?

It's not. It's just the camera messing with the color a bit. Notice the green ring on the bottom of the rim, that isn't actually there. I did the wheels before the tires. I even saturated the wheel woolie with the DWC and it didn't get it off.

You did four wheels three times and used only 1/5 of a bottle?

No, only that one wheel pictured in this thread and I only did the barrel again because the face was perfect after the 1st application.

I tried it on my wheel, and not sure what happened. Sprayed it on agitate it with brush. spray alittle more on spot I missed. Left like a stain on one wheel. had like dried on white stuff. Real hard to get off.

The wheels were real shiny though.

IMG_3450_zpsb7e793e0.jpg

IMG_3451_zps62bd8c14.jpg

IMG_3452_zps915d43ff.jpg

Once I got it most of way off wheel did look good. One wheel still has some of this staining. :willy:

Matt,

Do me a favor... next time you have a moment to play with the cleaner get the wheel in a position where part of the stain is at the lowest point of rotation... spray a little of the DWC in there and let it dwell longer... as long as you can without drying. See if it pulls that contamination out.

If you don't see any color change then its something besides metallic combination so I'd try to attack it with APC... good be grease/petroleum based and need a degreaser to get it out of there.

I tried it on my wheel, and not sure what happened. Sprayed it on agitate it with brush. spray alittle more on spot I missed. Left like a stain on one wheel. had like dried on white stuff. Real hard to get off.

The wheels were real shiny though.

IMG_3450_zpsb7e793e0.jpg

IMG_3451_zps62bd8c14.jpg

IMG_3452_zps915d43ff.jpg

Once I got it most of way off wheel did look good. One wheel still has some of this staining. :willy:

Take a little revive polish or fmp to it.

Looks like it was either allowed to dry or sprayed on the wheel when it wasn't completely cool.

Take a little revive polish or fmp to it.

Looks like it was either allowed to dry or sprayed on the wheel when it wasn't completely cool.

Thanks Dylan. My wife is setting here with me, she just read this and told me you know, I drove the car before you wash it. I did not even think about it. Thanks man going out there now to work on it. :2thumbs:

Matt,

Do me a favor... next time you have a moment to play with the cleaner get the wheel in a position where part of the stain is at the lowest point of rotation... spray a little of the DWC in there and let it dwell longer... as long as you can without drying. See if it pulls that contamination out.

If you don't see any color change then its something besides metallic combination so I'd try to attack it with APC... good be grease/petroleum based and need a degreaser to get it out of there.

Will do. Hopefully tomorrow morning. If needed, how long should I let the APC dwell for? I obviously won't let it dry.

Edited by SYMAWD

Here are the results.

Here is the before with the initial amount of DWC (the green really isn't there, it's just my camera)

DWCTest2001_zps55f1217c.jpg

2 minutes of dwell time

DWCTest2003_zpsf49c18aa.jpg

4 minutes of dwell time

DWCTest2005_zps2269c161.jpg

After agitation and rinse

DWCTest2006_zps2c5f0bc7.jpg

Now onto the APC

Initial

DWCTest2007_zps8f2bff70.jpg

After 3 minutes of dwell time, agitation, and rinse

DWCTest2008_zpsd1400924.jpg

APC definitely helped. I would guess it would need 2-3 applications to remove it all though. I'll probably just live with it though. It's a minivan and a DD, not a show car. As you can see, just 2 days later, it's full of dust again. The joys of a VW.

hmmm. have the tie rod ends or ball joints been lubed since you've owned it? if its petroleum based it could be from them.

Not that I know of. It's my parents' car so I really don't do service on it. I think it has only had 3 oil changes and around 4 tire changes (only car that they have ever owned that seems to pick up every nail on the road) and 3 rotations. The car is about 16 months old + the time it spent on the dealer lot.