Customer Service 866.965.0400

quick sealant on wheels

bluesy

Question

How well does quick sealant Work on Wheels?

My wheels get really dirty from the brake dust (i belive there´s metal in European brake pads) and its hard to clean off, will quick sealant help so i dont have to use the rough cleaners and how long does it generally last?

If this is really effective i will use it instead of some of the nano/sealants made special for the rims (this is a daily driver car)

Now i just have to bring my car to the mechanic and when i get it back im starting my spring cleaning/detailing and i wanna get the summer tyres/rims ready before i put them on the car :burnout:

10 answers to this question

There's metal in most performance brake pads actually. My recommendation is to use either AQS or MSS on the wheels. It lasts the longest and offers the most protection. There's no wonder product to keep the dust off the wheels, but sealants will make it easier to remove. To make the sealant last longer, I clean my wheels with car shampoo unless VERY dirty.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Quick Sealant is probably the best product from Adams (besides MSS) to put on your wheels. It also sounds like your wheels would be perfect for the new Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner to remove all the brake dust, grime and dirt off first before applying Quick Sealant.

Once cleaned you can apply the Quick Sealant with a foam applicator. Allow the sealant to cure for 30 minutes and wipe away.

You will get a great protection from the Quick Sealant to help clean your wheels with ease. Remember that although you've applied the sealant the brake dust still may build up as much or less, however they will be a lot easier to clean with the sealant doing it's job coated on the wheel surface.

I would also consider looking into some ceramic brake pads as well to help cut down on the brake dust. One of my clients took this advice and put a set of ceramics on his X5 and was so extremely pleased with how little dust was produced along with the Quick Sealant applied.

Quick Sealant is probably the best product from Adams (besides MSS) to put on your wheels. It also sounds like your wheels would be perfect for the new Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner to remove all the brake dust, grime and dirt off first before applying Quick Sealant.

Precisely what I was going to say!

Awesome :) i dont mind they get dirty, but if i can make it easier to clean them, then quick sealant is the way for me :)

Ill get the Wheels out of the basement soon and get them ready before they get on the car

What really helps in my opinion too is to make sure you get behind the rims and get the barrels and also hit the calipers and pads with a few shots of the cleaner of your choice. The turbo stick and wheel woollies are great for cleaning the barrels. I use QS on my fiancé's BMW and it makes cleaning the rims much easier. So easy you can just use a mixture of Adams shampoo and water to clean them with ease.

Don't forget to try the new Deep Wheel Cleaner - got mine last week and it took the winter muck and grime off our 08 outback wheel and they looked like new... minus curb rash, hey it's a utility vehicle! Been hoping Adams would put out a heavy duty cleaner for a while. I highly recommend it!

I have a set of summer wheels I just got tires mounted on and I'm going to use the machine sealant on these since it's all I have. Hoping for the same protection and ease of clean.

I will quickseal all of the rim, even the barrel part, it will be easy when the Wheels is not on the car :)

I usually order from the European supplier of Adam´s, but im considering making an order from the US since it has Things i cant get here, and then get it shipped via a Company that can take care of import taxes and stuff like that for me. Only problem with that is my creditcard will be red hot after the order :help: then ill deffenitly will get Adama and the team to make some fun with the box :mail:

I do have machine super sealant though. How would I apply that to my rims? 4" focus with a drill(have the black pad) or apply it by hand?

Apply by hand, but make sure to put on a very, very thin coat or you will have a difficult time removing it.