Customer Service 866.965.0400

New F150

butchman

Just picked up a new DD a couple weeks ago. 2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost. Very impressed with the power. I added a bed liner and a tri fold cover. My first thougts were I'm gonna need another bottle of metal polish. I'm glad my last mystery box came with a bottle of Super VRT. Anyone have any tips for taking care of the bed cover its vinyl? I'm thinking I can just wash and rinse it and then apply the VRT.

You can treat the chrome like paint, but yeah you're going to want to stock up on SVRT! (see Monday's daily special still going on)

I was thinking the same thing to treat it like paint. I use revive on my wifes Mustang wheels. Works great. I have 2 full bottles of SVRT so I should be set for the summer anyway.:jester:

One other question I have is on the step bars. They have plastic steps. I worried that if I treat them with SVRT it will make them slippery. Any thoughts?

I was wondering about the Tonneau myself. Someone said something about a 50/50 mixture of SVRT and Water for the Tonneau. I have not tried it yet. Is that the Tonneau Pro cover? It looks just like the one I have on my GMC.

Clean the tonneau well - Car Wash Shampoo and a Carpet Cleaning Brush should work, then apply SVRT. Let it sit in a covered area as long as possible, then wipe it with a Utility MF to wipe off the excess.

I don't put anything on my step bar treads and they still look fine after 13 years!

I was wondering about the Tonneau myself. Someone said something about a 50/50 mixture of SVRT and Water for the Tonneau. I have not tried it yet. Is that the Tonneau Pro cover? It looks just like the one I have on my GMC.

The tonneau is a Lund Genesis tri-fold.