Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from VA and new to Adams

Maxcustody

Wow what a great site!! I bought a '13 Charger Blacktop edition(black of course). I am in my 40's and have owned a lot of vehicles. I am pretty sure I have OCD, I am obsessed with keeping them looking good. A buddy of mine from work told me about the products and look forward to using them and learning a from this site.

I washed the car on Saturday for the first time and this is the result; sorry no pics tried to post but did not work for some reason, anyway started with the 2 bucket method with the merlino and the car soap. washed, rinsed and dried just like on the video, but did not come out great. I only used 1 great white and all the products were brand new from the package, could have something to do with it? I did follow it up with the detail spay with a double soft and it looked much better. I didn't have time to use any of the other products, but can't wait to do a full detail.

Looking at this site it seems the way to go is with a porter cable polisher which I did not get yet. I bought hand polishing items, but from what I see you guys doing on here, the results are amazing, I need a polisher.

Any info, would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning a ton on here. Sorry for such a long post, but I am excited to have my car looking like the ones I have seen here, great job............ ehy9yba8.jpgemetu7yn.jpg7e3umu4e.jpg6yre2ysy.jpg

Scott

Thanks for the welcome....

I guess after the 2 bucket wash and watching the video, I was expecting a perfect car. Remember I did say I am OCD.........so I guess not right maybe is not the correct wording. I thought it would be less streaks and spots with just a good wash. I havent had a black car for a couple of years and forgot you can see everything.

Thanks for the welcome....

I guess after the 2 bucket wash and watching the video, I was expecting a perfect car. Remember I did say I am OCD.........so I guess not right maybe is not the correct wording. I thought it would be less streaks and spots with just a good wash. I havent had a black car for a couple of years and forgot you can see everything.

First of all, there is no such thing as a perfect black car (at least not for very long) lol.

After washing and drying any car with any products, it will always require a final wipedown to get a streak and spot free shine. The drying towel is to soak up the water but it is not meant to double as a plush final wipe towel. After drying, I like to dress the plastics and rubbers and then do my final wipedown with a plush towel and detail spray.

Welcome, Scott! Chase is right on with his advice. After washing then blowing off the excess water, are you using a mist of DS before wiping with the Great White? Even so, you'll probably still want to go around the car again spot-checking with DS and a plush microfiber.