Customer Service 866.965.0400

? for silverado owners

JHL88

Question

so bought a 2013 silverado back in december and weather is finally getting nice. looking to do a full correction on her and was wondering what other owners experience is with the clear coat? any tips? hopefully its nothing like my 02 vette i had lol. ill be using a flex with my adams arsenal.

6 answers to this question

I detailed my fathers 2013 Sierra that he just got from the dealer a few weeks ago and it wasn't too difficult to get the swirls out.

It was a truck that sat on the lot for a while and he got it on sale for the typical inventory clearing out price and it had the usual amount of swirls that a dealer lot vehicle has.

It really only needed the green pad for his hood, everything else I was able to polish out with just the orange and white pads.

I detailed my fathers 2013 Sierra that he just got from the dealer a few weeks ago and it wasn't too difficult to get the swirls out.

It was a truck that sat on the lot for a while and he got it on sale for the typical inventory clearing out price and it had the usual amount of swirls that a dealer lot vehicle has.

It really only needed the green pad for his hood, everything else I was able to polish out with just the orange and white pads.

I have a 2013 Sierra and I am waiting for the weather to get a little better and I m going to do a full polish. Did you use a Flex or a PC on your Dads truck?

So far I don't have many swirl marks so I was thinking I might just need the white pad but I do have them all.

I have a 2013 Sierra and I am waiting for the weather to get a little better and I m going to do a full polish. Did you use a Flex or a PC on your Dads truck?

So far I don't have many swirl marks so I was thinking I might just need the white pad but I do have them all.

I used the Flex.

GM's clear is pretty much middle of the road for everything except the vette in my experience, and I suspect that has something to do with the fiberglass construction.

The biggest challenge on a Silvy is the sheer amount of area... a truck detail gets exhausting simply due to the amount of paint you have to work with. The nice part is that most of the panels are fairly flat with very little off angles or curves to work out.