Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax & Sealant Applicators

BluedogGMC

Question

I was wondering if you have to use a different applicator for Brilliant Glaze & Americana? Since the new Americana Daily Special comes with only one applicator would it be OK to just use the same applicator to put on both? I was thinking of getting one of the Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicators but have not really heard what the difference is between it and the littler red ones. Also one for using for Quick Sealant.

12 answers to this question

It would be a good idea to pick up at least one Americana Wax app. They're great for QS as well. Personally I have one for APW, one for QS paint, one for QS wheels, one for BG paint and one for BG wheels & glass.

It would be a good idea to pick up at least one Americana Wax app. They're great for QS as well. Personally I have one for APW, one for QS paint, one for QS wheels, one for BG paint and one for BG wheels & glass.

Are all of your applicators the blue top ones or are they the mini red style? Does the blue top style fit into the mini Americana container?

Are all of your applicators the blue top ones or are they the mini red style? Does the blue top style fit into the mini Americana container?

I think they suggest NOT to store the applicator inside the APW container.

I think they suggest NOT to store the applicator inside the APW container.

I meant fitting to use in the container not storing it in it. I did not know if the top opening in the smaller container was the same size as the large one. Are the smaller red applicators just as soft but just smaller. Would they be fine for wheels and tight spaces?

1 Americana applicator for each product, plus one more for whatever you use on the wheels. so 3-5 total.

its a good idea to write on the top of each applicator what product its used for to prevent cross contamination.

That's what I am thinking but I was wondering if the smaller red ones would be just as good for the wheels and small areas. They are half the price and did not think you needed an applicator that was full size on the wheels.

i have no seat time with the mini applicators but they look like they'd be useful on the wheels and small areas. but the original blue top Americana applicator is very flexible and gets in the nooks and crannies as well.

I prefer the Yellow Hexgrip Wax applicator for QS. It is a different color to avoid confusion, and I like the firmness of the black hexgrip over the softer blue hexgrip. The yellow face foam is the same as the red face foam.