Customer Service 866.965.0400

Post correction maintenance

ralphsmithiii

Question

Hey everyone, wanted to ask a quick question.

If I'm looking to do some post paint correction maintenance can I:

Wash/dry car

Hit it with detail spray (needed to get any dust off if it sets for a day or two?)

Hit the car with Brilliant Glaze (Flex)

Hit it with buttery wax (hand).

Hit it like I mean it.

I'm thinking of using the glaze to fill in any small imperfections (and I payed for it why not use it?) before I shine it up with some buttery. :pc:

Thoughts?

11 answers to this question

I completed a 3-step paint correction, plus machine sealant, plus glaze, plus buttery about 2 months ago. I've only been washing my car every 2 weeks or so when I'm home to drive it. It's still pretty shiny but I wanted to add some more buttery to it. Just wanted to know if hitting it again with glaze prior is OK.

I'd use WW instead of DS to get the dust off. Two months seems kinda soon to re-wax a car that only sees action every other week, but if you think the conditions warrant it, I don't see any harm in another round of glaze/wax. Also, you didn't mention it but I'd do a strip wash.

Edited by Redbeard

I did a strip wash when I did the paint correction but didn't think about doing it before applying the buttery. I also don't HAVE to do the glaze but lets be honest...I was looking for an excuse to break out this expensive Flex and put it to use :pc:

Does the waterless wash REALLY work? I think I have over 1k worth of Adams products and its one that I've never used so I wasn't quite sure if it was worth purchasing at $25 a bottle.

The point of a strip wash is to get the old wax (and other contaminants) off. In your case, it would allow you to apply the new coat of glaze/wax on top of the MSS.

And FYI: WW is cheaper than DS.

From the site:

How is it different than Detail Spray?

Adam's Waterless Car Wash is a more effective cleaner, and has more lubricant designed to remove larger dirt particles without causing swirls. It also has no gloss enhancers, so it leaves your paint clean but not glossy. Follow Adam's Waterless Car Wash with Adam's Detail Spray to enhance the gloss!

Waterless Wash is FANTASTIC! It should be your "go to" product for maintenance, which was your original question. This is especially true with garage kept, seldom driven, weekend toys. Even daily drivers can benefit from it but you'll have to do it pretty much every day since it is not a product you want to use for heavy dirt and contamination.

Yes, it really works! I tell people about it all the time but many remain skeptical. Two of my cars live inside all of the time and when they do get out, the "put away routine" consists of Waterless Wash followed by Brilliant Glaze. It ensures that the cars are always ready for the next drive and every one always comments and how they stay so clean.

- Darryl

Hmm...so I'm assuming if this is my daily driver, I'd have to use the waterless wash after every days worth of driving to keep it keep? What is or where is the "threshold" of when waterless wash isn't an option and a full wash is required? I've read that if you get caught in the rain then a full wash is needed but I'm not 100% clear on how often/when waterless wash is the method to use.

It's a judgment call. If you wonder whether a full wash is in order, it probably is.

During the summer I can sometimes go weeks at a time without washing my DD if there's no rain. If it's just normal dust, then the occasional WW wipedown is sufficient. I hit the horizontal surfaces such as the hood more often, but not necessarily every day.

Well, OK, even though I said "every day".....maybe not EVERY day! As redbeard mentions, it's a judgement call. I describe the perfect Waterless Wash scenario as "light to moderate dust" but if you can actually see dirt, then you need to break out the hose and buckets. A little common sense goes a long way.

Also, proper technique is important. Always use a clean section of towel and never, ever wipe in the reverse direction without folding the towel over. You'll simply be taking all of the dirt you just lifted from the surface and grinding it back into the clean paint.

- Darryl