Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Vehicle Question

White05GT

Question

Hey everybody! i just picked up a 2013 dodge grand caravan, it is black.

I also just picked up the adams complete machine polishing kit with the PC.

The paint is brand new. What steps would you guys take to keep it that way.

Should I just hit it with the Machine super sealant and call it a day or maybe order up some buttery wax and do it that way. or is there a better way. I'm at a loss because all of this stuff is brand new to me. Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

El STorcho

10 answers to this question

Clay it. Even brand new (especially brand new) it has lots of metal particles in the paint.

After that if you're not going to polish I would use a little REVIVE by hand and some Machine Super Sealant (if you have a polisher).

You can certainly do more but that will get you sealed up and protected.

As far as I can see it doesn't. There are no swirls or any flaws that I can see in the paint. It hasn't even been washed yet. I do have the 2 buckets with grit guards and the good merino wool wash mitt. I went on a bit of a buying spree lately to set myself up with supplies. I guess I just wanted to know what the best course of action is. I will most likely start with the clay.

If there are no swirls or scratches do not clay it. Black shows every little scratch and swirl mark claying can mar the paint. If you do have to do paint correction then go ahead and clay. When I do a customers car and its a dark color I won't clay unless I'm doing paint correction.

I have a black corolla as well and it is a mess. I can't wait for it to warm up to try this stuff out. I'm Learning again. What I think I should do is, correct me if I'm wrong here, is

2 bucket wash, fine machine polish and super sealant and done. Correct? There are no swirls or scratches to speak of on the finish. so no correction,

ROb

In my opinion every new car should be clayed. No exception. Even if you get it the day it's delivered to the dealer it has been sitting on a lot at the factory, sitting on a train and sitting on a truck for weeks (at least). It is covered in rail dust that you can't see (but can feel w/ the baggie test). If this rail dust stays on the paint it will keep you form having the best finish possible. It may even rust and ruin the paint prematurely.

Clay!

In my opinion every new car should be clayed. No exception. Even if you get it the day it's delivered to the dealer it has been sitting on a lot at the factory, sitting on a train and sitting on a truck for weeks (at least). It is covered in rail dust that you can't see (but can feel w/ the baggie test). If this rail dust stays on the paint it will keep you form having the best finish possible. It may even rust and ruin the paint prematurely.

Clay!

Winner! If it passes the baggie test, no need to clay.