Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to kill brake dust? DWC KIT!

tony97gt

Question

y2adu5um.jpg Got my DWC kit in earlier this week, so finally got the time to try it. If my memory serves me correct, I've been fighting the OCD demons and letting the BMW brakes marinate in dust for about 2.5-3 weeks. Today, that changed.

Before:ta4a6aju.jpgbaha9upu.jpg

Sprayed on the first dose:

ata3a8yg.jpgqe8a2u2a.jpgezezu6uv.jpgybejysy6.jpgupubyru9.jpg3ebytu3a.jpg8asa4u2y.jpg

Keep in mind, I just cleaned the rims and barrels very good almost 3 weeks ago with GWC and the turbo sticks. This car is terrible with brake dust! I also used the QS after the last cleaning.

re9u2ydu.jpgba6y4ebe.jpgu7etezyt.jpgpyjetybu.jpg

Only issue I had was the "mud" from the barrels was very thick and it began to dry on the out edges of the spokes before I could rinse it all off. Quick re-clean with diluted shampoo and the boars blonde brush fixed that with minimal effort.ehuhedep.jpg

Tried out my new MTM foam cannon. Was kind of fun!7ute3uty.jpg

End result, I had to rush near the end since I was short on time.zy3ape2u.jpg

23 answers to this question

Thx guys, the wheels are sparkly clean now. I think I'll do another deep cleaning the next time. Does the DWC strip the QS? I want to clay them and QS next time. I haven't clayed them yet.

Btw, the boars hair blonde brush works great! It generates a nice foam too when using the shampoo/water mixture.

I'm sure the neighbors driving by we're wondering why my wheels were bleeding and my driveway looked like a crime scene. Lol

I'd have to double check, getting the car cleaned was my first priority. I didn't pay much attention to the ground. I did have some heavy brake dust stains left from a heavy rim and barrel cleaning a few weeks ago, but the dust residue is what was left, not cleaner. Especially since it was GWC I used a few weeks ago, not DWC. I will follow up with you on that issue though.

The germans are big fans of using charcoal, old chalkboard chalk, and pencil shavings to make brake pads I think. Nothing on earth dusts like BMW pads.

Yea, but those Germans make some darn fine beers, too, so all must be forgiven. :lolsmack:

And the residue rinsed clean for your driveway correct? We tested extensively to make sure it wouldn't stain concrete, but someone recently said it did so I'm wanting more feedback.

Dylan, I looked today and there was a little bit of brake dust residue. I didn't put much effort into rinsing it off so that's probably why it's still there. I didn't see any chemical staining or bleaching or anything like that. Once I get time to go out and try to remove the brake dust from the ground, I'll post the results. I have pavers btw and they were sealed about a year ago.

what is your mixture for your wheel and tire shampoo? half water half shampoo? or 1 ounce of shampoo and 15 ounces of water?

I use two to 3 tablespoons of shampoo to 16oz of water.

what is your mixture for your wheel and tire shampoo? half water half shampoo? or 1 ounce of shampoo and 15 ounces of water?

I fill up a 36oz bottle with water about 1" below the top, then insert one pump from my gallon of shampoo. Shake it like a salt shaker and go.

Thx guys, the wheels are sparkly clean now. I think I'll do another deep cleaning the next time. Does the DWC strip the QS? I want to clay them and QS next time. I haven't clayed them yet.

Thanks Tony for sharing that. I too have a BMW and i regularly wash my wheels with just car shampoo and water cause i do notice a build up of brake dust. I'm going to switch over to Adam's products soon and one of my question was whether or not to go with the gallon of DWC or GWC.

I read that you have used the GWC as well, but doesn't give you the same results as the DWC? Being a bimmer owner as well, would you recommend I just get the DWC?

Thanks for your advice,

Ryan

Thanks Tony for sharing that. I too have a BMW and i regularly wash my wheels with just car shampoo and water cause i do notice a build up of brake dust. I'm going to switch over to Adam's products soon and one of my question was whether or not to go with the gallon of DWC or GWC.

I read that you have used the GWC as well, but doesn't give you the same results as the DWC? Being a bimmer owner as well, would you recommend I just get the DWC?

Thanks for your advice,

Ryan

No prob Ryan, that's what the forums are for. My advice is to be safe and go with DWC. I've discovered that if you go too long between washes and the dust really builds up, the softer methods of GWC or SHAMPOO in a bottle mix just doesn't cut it. I've kinda switched up to using DWC every wash now unless I'm doing a touch up wash and the dust isn't bad. But with my wife's car it gets heavy quick so I'm sticking to DWC and no QS.

No prob Ryan, that's what the forums are for. My advice is to be safe and go with DWC. I've discovered that if you go too long between washes and the dust really builds up, the softer methods of GWC or SHAMPOO in a bottle mix just doesn't cut it. I've kinda switched up to using DWC every wash now unless I'm doing a touch up wash and the dust isn't bad. But with my wife's car it gets heavy quick so I'm sticking to DWC and no QS.

Appreciate your feedback! DWC it is.

Mahalo,

Ryan