Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towels and applicators not cleaned for months, special process?

Coderedpl

Question

Hi there all,

So when it was finally too cold to wash the car outside without my hose and hands freezing up, my dirty towel collection has piled up to fill up one of the big boxes from the container store over the top.

So since it's just about getting warm again, I figured I should give ALL of my towels a good wash, including the sealed ones in the clean boxes, just to be sure everything I have is clean.

Do I follow any special procedure?

I was thinking the following.

Prepare 2 or more buckets filled with a mix of water and apc to separate the utility towels vs the single soft, waterless wash and etc.

Sort through the stack and pick the ones that have heavy spotting, using some apc and revitalizer that I have on hand and try to rub them out by hand, then throw them in the correct bucket to soak. Leave in bucket for a few hours or overnight.

After the duration, take them out, rinse thoroughly and throw in the washer keeping the proper separation.

Once all is done I'll do the clean ones incase I left a box open at some point or something. I know some of the boxes were left unlocked sometimes.

Sound good? Or nay?

2 answers to this question