Customer Service 866.965.0400

concentrated formula?

Jason.baross

Question

13 answers to this question

Don't dilute DS. Maybe one day they will offer it in a concentrated form.

I agree with not diluting DS Adams' have a special blend which includes the water ratio.

I don't see Adam's offering a concentrated form because water varies from place to place, so the water they use is specific to ensure no water spots i'm sure.

for some reason i like the old formula better....idk why though.

I haven't used both enough to make that decision, but I do prefer the fact that the original is not a wax booster for certain applications, like prepping a surface for plasti dip, but I guess I could always use IPA or WW for that.

I agree with not diluting DS Adams' have a special blend which includes the water ratio.

I don't see Adam's offering a concentrated form because water varies from place to place, so the water they use is specific to ensure no water spots i'm sure.

I've actually recently switched out an Adam's product simply for this reason. The ridiculous amount of savings for me diluting a competitor's concentrate that gives me the same fantastic results was just too tempting to pass up. However, I will always use Adam's for items that I'm more slow to go through (i.e, Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, sealant, wax, etc.). While I understand the water source variable, you simply need to follow the instructions to use distilled water.

For the novice, I can see how it is important for the products to be ready out of the bottle (which clearly Adams is aiming for.)

That being said, companies that offer concentrated formulas will always be an enticing option for me.

I've actually recently switched out an Adam's product simply for this reason. The ridiculous amount of savings for me diluting a competitor's concentrate that gives me the same fantastic results was just too tempting to pass up. However, I will always use Adam's for items that I'm more slow to go through (i.e, Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, sealant, wax, etc.). While I understand the water source variable, you simply need to follow the instructions to use distilled water.

For the novice, I can see how it is important for the products to be ready out of the bottle (which clearly Adams is aiming for.)

That being said, companies that offer concentrated formulas will always be an enticing option for me.

It would be difficult to continue their 110% guarentie if they dont have control of the entire process. If you really use that much Adams products I'd talk to them about becoming a distributor/bulk buyer.

It would be difficult to continue their 110% guarentie if they dont have control of the entire process. If you really use that much Adams products I'd talk to them about becoming a distributor/bulk buyer.

BINGO!

Selling concentrates requires the use of DI water for best results. Keep in mind that only a fraction of our customer base would go to the trouble - so how do you offer a satisfaction guarantee on a product, but then require the customer to use a specific quality of water who otherwise wouldn't? It creates a bit of an issue on the customer service and support side that we're not sure is in the best interest of our average customer or our business.

Could sell DI water in 5 gallon jugs, but then we're back to the cost again b/c you're buying concentrate + water for mixing... why not just buy ready to use?

We have kicked around the idea of a "pro-line" that would offer things like concentrates, but this side of the business would have to be excluded from the satisfaction guarantee which I'm not necessarily a fan of doing.

I don't think Adam's markets to the cost conscious consumer. It is a boutique line of products targeted toward the enthusiast, in my opinion. Its more about ease of use and effectiveness of product. For example, you can find a waterless wash concentrate vs. Adam's ready to use product. The Adam's waterless wash is great for those who don't feel like playing around with dilution ratios! You certainly get what you pay for. I have yet to try an Adam's product that I haven't liked. It still drives me nuts when I see people who buy cheap microfiber towels from Walmart and wonder why their paint gets scratched up.

BINGO!

Selling concentrates requires the use of DI water for best results. Keep in mind that only a fraction of our customer base would go to the trouble - so how do you offer a satisfaction guarantee on a product, but then require the customer to use a specific quality of water who otherwise wouldn't? It creates a bit of an issue on the customer service and support side that we're not sure is in the best interest of our average customer or our business.

Could sell DI water in 5 gallon jugs, but then we're back to the cost again b/c you're buying concentrate + water for mixing... why not just buy ready to use?

We have kicked around the idea of a "pro-line" that would offer things like concentrates, but this side of the business would have to be excluded from the satisfaction guarantee which I'm not necessarily a fan of doing.

Totally understand. I guess I'm in a unique situation in that I get DI water easily/freely from work, and see the tremendous cost-savings (plus shelf-space, etc.) of working with concentrates. Certainly, I wouldn't recommend making any changes that would compromise the 110% guarantee that Adam's is known for. (I've had brushes that were shedding copious amounts of hairs, cracked bottles, etc. replaced with no hassle and I'm grateful for it.)