Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy here, many questions...

thesandman

Question

Well guys, my name is Parker and I am 18. I have a 2007 Gmc Sierra 1500, lifted 5" with tan interior. I am currently a senior in high school, planning on going to Penn State ALtoona. When I am not in school I am own my own small business doing landscaping during the year and summer.I'm fairly knowimg]all news rims and tires for my truck, theyeels are defective. I have offroaded these wheels a few times, but never any hardcore rocks or anything. Usually with these wheels I just wash and wax them. Recently I tried using adams revive on them. I def noticed a difference, but i still have small scratches in them. theyre not able to feel with your fingernail, but very visible. Also, being a landscaper, when i get in my truck i am dirty usually. i have tried to keep my leather as clean as i can but its a struggle. My drivers side seat has dirt in it that I just cant get out. I have used Lexxol on it, with no luck. If anybody could help cue me in with some detailing advice, that would be awesome! Here are some pictures:

Seat- photo1-1.jpg

Wheels and bumper-

photo2-4.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

EDIT: I have been looking at getting the adams pc kit. the 189.95 one plus the pc machine. Let me know what you guys think.

8 answers to this question

The leather and interior cleaner with brush will help to get that dirt and grime off the leather. Follow that up with the conditioner. Those small scratches on the wheels are swirls and will need to be addressed with a machine like the porter cable or a drill with focal pads some chrome wheels can be a bugger to get swirls out but on my set of wheels I knocked them out with swirl and haze remover/ fine machine polish.

Although Revive is a great product that everyone should have it too still has limitations like everything else. Machine for wheels and I would get the metal polish 1 and 2. If you use the leather cleaner and it is not to your liking some all purpose cleaner diluted will also help on the seats with a brush of course and some elbow grease!

My wheels are cleared. i am not sure about plastic coated though... I'm assuming metal polish would not work...I have been cleaning them with P21 car wash and washing them... Sometimes just using detailer on them. I have a feeling the sand from offroading is what did that to them. Now are these the correct steps for my paint and wheels? Would all be done with the Adams recommended pads and Porter cable machine.

1) Clay them

2) Severe swirl remover

3) Swirl and haze remover

4) Fine machine polish

5) Brilliant glaze

6) Americana Premium pase wax

^ I did this by hand to my chrome rim about 2 days ago. Huge difference, I also used quick sealant to help protect, mine also had fine scratches cause by crappy microfiber towels (before I knew about Adams) and those are the correct step for paint as well.. Try to add the machine super sealant or the quick sealant between fine machine, and brilliant glaze tho for more protection

Just one thing try the shr before severe swirl tho see if it does anything....less aggressive first always easier to add more strength not so easy to repair if you start to strong....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Sealant would be a better product for protection on the wheels, it has a higher heat tolerance than the Americana Paste wax, therefore it would last longer. As far as the seat goes, you need this:

Interior and Leather Car Cleaner Kit | Detailing a Car

The brush within that kit will allow you to get a deeper clean.

Feel free to ask any questions when you get going with your machine. And don't forget to post "after" pics!! :)