Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lighting for polishing.

Franklin's Bee

Question

9 answers to this question

I bought 2 of the HDX ones because they were so cheap, one dead on arrival, the other only one side worked. My Craftsman one continues to work fine though.

Tim,

Dont know if this applies to you, just thought it too coincidental that I just read the first review and they were talking about only one side working:

"I say that because I almost made that mistake. Before buying this, I read the review about how the person bought two, and neither worked correctly, and was suspicious as I plugged mine in and saw only one light was lit. I then set to repack it and was about to bring it back but decided to look it over and make sure I wasnt missing something.

Well, there is an on/off switch on the back that is hid by a protective knob you have to take off. It actually tells you on the knob to take it off. Once I did and pushed in the button, the other light came on.

That's not to say the person who got two broken ones was wrong - maybe theirs was broke.

I give it 4 stars because it was only $20 and I'm not expecting it to be perfect. I haven't used it enough, though, to give much more of an accurate review."

Maybe you'll get lucky and this will apply to you. If not, sorry to waste time, lol.

For spot checking the Brinkmann MaxFire is hard to beat.

MaxFire Dual Xenon Rechargeable Spotlight (800-2200-0) | Brinkmann

I'm trying to decide between the Brinkmann dual Xenon versus dual LED models, both similarly priced. I found a couple of articles that compare the 2, and it seems that both do better jobs depending on the type of swirl, haze, marring, etc. The LED one seems to have better recharging, battery last longer - but others say it is too bright for finding swirls compared to the Xenon model. I don't really want to buy both, so any recommendations on which model to buy? :help:

Tim,

Dont know if this applies to you, just thought it too coincidental that I just read the first review and they were talking about only one side working:

Maybe you'll get lucky and this will apply to you. If not, sorry to waste time, lol.

Thanks Jeff, but no, mine were both doa (switch and all). Plus, these things were incredibly flimsy.