Customer Service 866.965.0400

DWC vs. GWC Test and more

SYMAWD

Question

So it's been about a month since the Routan had its last wash, and I did the Optima yesterday and saw GWC got rid of everything, so today was DWC vs GWC on the brake dust monster.

I forgot befores, so you need to take my word they both looked like this or worse:

VWRoutanDetail020_zps7357e17a.jpg

VWRoutanDetail013_zpsc701b702.jpg

1st up, DWC.

During shots:

IMAG1164_zpse975c108.jpg

IMAG1165_zpsa9bad7cf.jpg

IMAG1166_zps3ed57be1.jpg

IMAG1167_zpsffdadf71.jpg

Agitated

IMAG1168_zpscd07b0ff.jpg

After (what's left is grease based and came off later with APC)

IMAG1170_zps83de0348.jpg

IMAG1169_zps99b8246c.jpg

Now GWC[i didn't use a foaming nozzle, it wastes too much product] (no during shots)

After (what's left is grease based and came off later with APC)

IMAG1163_zps9b4e1db0.jpg

IMAG1162_zpsd4bc8679.jpg

Overall, the results were identical, but I probably used a little less DWC and DWC required less agitation.

Here's why you don't go to an automatic car wash (it's my parents car and they don't seem to care about the swirls even though they know they are there). The whole car is covered in them.

IMAG1171_zpsfb1061cb.jpg

It cleans up nicely though

IMAG1172_zpsa415571f.jpg

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the review! I was questioning that as well. Which was better, DWC or GWC because i was going to make my first Adam's wheel cleaner product, but was having difficulties choosing which one to go with.

From what i see, the GWC can do the trick?

Mahalo

Thanks for the review! I was questioning that as well. Which was better, DWC or GWC because i was going to make my first Adam's wheel cleaner product, but was having difficulties choosing which one to go with.

From what i see, the GWC can do the trick?

Mahalo

GWC is fine for most wheels. It was designed to attack braked dust vs. APC, which is a cleaner/degreaser. If you have a car with lots of metallics in the brakes then consider DWC.

If you maintain your car, then Car Wash Shampoo will probably work for you. Fill a bottle with your regular wash bucket mixture and add a foaming sprayer. http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/4606.htm

This one?

4988828020_071edc98e3_b.jpg

That is the Hyrdofoamer 32 oz. hose end foamer. It is available from a number of online retailers, but sadly they moved some component manufacturing to China, so it is no longer sold through Adam's.

Edited by mc2hill