Customer Service 866.965.0400

White specks in paint after applying Americanica?

Shermanator

Question

I did full detailing yesterday with my SHO and did the following:

Swirl and Haze Remover

Fine Machine Polish

Machine Super Sealant

I wrapped up everything around lunchtime and went out, got caught in the rain later that afternoon and parked the car in my garage when I got in last night.

So about an hour ago I took some Waterless Wash to the car to get rid of whatever dirt and water marks where left on the car. After that was done, I started applying Americanica wax to the front of the car and when I started removing the wax, I noticed really small white specks in the paint when I shined a flashlight on it...I'm assuming the Machine Super Sealant isn't completely seat up and is still "gassing off".

What's my best course of action to take care of this? Leave it alone for another 12-24 hours then take some detail spray/microfiber to it?

14 answers to this question

If it doesn't come off with clay I'm gonna say solvent pop

It comes off if I use a MF towel and some detail spray if rub hard enough

DSC_0597_zps01996e59.jpg

Thats what it looks like, crappy pic...didn't feel like breaking out the macro on the DSLR

I'm guessing it sat on the paint too long or the paint was warm/hot when it was applied. If I have a hard time getting anything off, such as a polish or wax, I always reach for DS and Single Soft Towels.

If it doesn't come off then it's probably a paint flaw that was made more noticeable by the paint, like a solvent pop.

Do they feel like bumps, or are they flat? 

Bumps...it only happened on the front of the car after I applied the Americana to it this afternoon. Rest of the car is fine.

It was clayed yesterday before I started the process also yesterday

Edited by Shermanator

Did some more experimenting...the white specks comes off with a claybar no problem. I reapplied in the area where I used the clay bar and the specks didn't come back (within an hour or so of applying it so far).

I tried some other areas of the car and no specks so far. 

I'm going with the machine super sealant didn't flashover/off gas totally when I did it earlier this afternoon and its now fully cured, thus no problems