Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looking for the best results on my new Black car

BlackShelby

Question

Hi All,

Let me start by saying, this is my 7th "toy" black car, no D/D. And I ran a detail shop for 10 years (with a high speed wheel, before the P/C's 7424, etc. were available). No stranger to the PITA maintenance a black car requires, but, boy they look good all done up!

For the last couple of years I've been using the following with great results.  Wolf Gang Deep Gloss sealant topping it off with the Pinnacle Souveran Canuba and use their Crystal Mist Quick Detailer  . The car is garage kept, so I'm not worried about sun/long lasting protection, etc.....

What I am looking for is the "ultimate best" finish, aka: Wet/Deep/Gloss Shine ! I'm really looking to see if any of you guys/gals have used my combo compared to the Adam's products? 

As I'm willing to try other (Adam's) products to achieve the ultimate results. My GT500 paint is in perfect condition, what do you suggest I try from Adam's. And If I have to strip my current products off, so be it....

Thanks! 

18 answers to this question

*cough* Patriot *cough*

^^^ Thought this was part of a $250 cause? Been perusing the site but certainly not up to speed yet

Brilliant Glaze followed by Americana Paste Wax is the ultimate dripping wet combo:

No disrespect, but when I watched that video earlier today, it appeared that Vette was fully detailed "before" he even applied those products.  I'd rather see a panel not touched compared to a panel that was touched with products. I use to show pictures of a qt panel vs a door to compare.  I'll keep searching, as I'm sure I'll find that kind of comparison  .  Thanks!

Congrats on your new black Shelby, OP!  (I picked mine up last November.  I'm not up to 7 yet, but it is my 4th black car and the 2nd I bought purely for fun.)

When I attended a recent detail clinic at Adam's HQ, I asked Dylan what he recommended to achieve & maintain the best shine on my car.  He suggested Fine Machine Polish, followed by Brilliant Glaze, and Americana or Patriot.  (Note that I'm using a PC 7424XP buffer.)

I agree, I love watching vids of cars that aren't perfect only to be brought back to life:)

Hell I can make a brand new Vette shine:)

I'll soon have some before and after pics of a truck that wasn't taken care of.

It looks amazing and didn't glaze it yet.

^^^ Thought this was part of a $250 cause? Been perusing the site but certainly not up to speed yet

What you are using is really good. Adams combo is very good as well. To be honest, you may not see a noticable difference but you certainly won't be disappointed. I have used both on my black garage queen. All I know is that it's always shining no matter what lol...

I helped my bud out last year with his 04 GTP and always think of this reflection/depth.  I used some Griot's Garage mixed with some Menzerna Final Polish II and it came out fabulous. See what happens when you slam a 12 pk, get creative... lol

DetailsidedoormeGP.jpg

Here's a pic of my girl after I used my regular stuff

PROPIC3_zps4c39886c.jpg

Hard to tell on this pic, just a lil reflection on the corners

PROPIC2_zps720c50ac.jpg

Thanks for the feedback people.  I'm going to look at the before and after stuff.  I'm really not sure if I want to strip my stuff and start over, but certainly willing to look at Adam's stuff....

Car looks sick, I like the tags.

Thanks man! I hear what you're saying, sometimes when you get to a certain point, you really can't tell the difference when using great products.  Before I switched, I was using Menzerna stuff, and that's NO joke products either.

By the looks of your sig, she looks great!

What's your feeling on using Brilliant Glaze on top of my current wax, waste of time? Meaning, should I strip off everything and start over... Thanks! 

So I ordered some B/G & Americana Wax and figured I would start from scratch. Stripped my hood and fender and away I went. I'm happy to say I'm glad I ordered this stuff.  The ease of install/removal was ridiculous, and the results were outstanding! Great products ... Thanks for the replies.

Quick shot from my old BB phone

AdamsProduct_zps1cc739e0.jpg