Customer Service 866.965.0400

Total Interior Detailer

I still have mixed feelings on this product.  It leaves the interior smelling fresh and does a good job at removing light to moderate dirt and light stains.  It's the "dressing" part of it that I don't care for a whole lot.  It doesn't leave the surface dark enough to look like you did something to your interior and it doesn't apply very evenly on smooth surfaces which my Optima has a lot of.  It leaves the turn signal and wiper stalks not perfectly even and the whole lower dash somewhat streaky, but as you can see in the pics below it can be evened out, it just takes a lot of effort on smooth surfaces.  I like it best for textured plastics and leather.  On vinyl it wasn't perfectly even either without some effort.  

Here is a pic showing the difference between TID and a dedicated dressing that I use.  As you can see, TID on the left, left streaks on the smooth plastic when just wiped over the surface and the dressing on the right left it much darker and did not leave streaks on the right side when just wiped over the surface.

IMAG1255_zps0f639666.jpg

Now here is what TID only looks like, but it takes too much effort IMO to make it look nice.  I'd rather clean with LIC and then finish with a normal dressing.

IMAG2009_zps984e4fa8.jpg

IMAG2011_zpsdbc046a8.jpg

IMAG2012_zps891677be.jpg

IMAG2014_zps7b9eceae.jpg

For me, TID is a great light cleaner and odor neutralizer but just a half-baked dressing.  I'd prefer TID without the dressing aspect because then it would make a great cleaner without having to put in the effort of evening it out.

*I know I gotta vacuum those mats.

Edited by SYMAWD

Nice feedback

I find that dressing wether it's for interior/exterior plastics, leather or rubber that it's all personal preference of what kind of sheen you want. So, I think that part of it shouldnt matter because you cant please everyone. Kind of like the smells of some products.

I find it interesting though that you have streaking; haven't had that problem.

What's your method? Spray directly on the surface or dampen a towel? Two towels? Etc..

Nice feedback

I find that dressing wether it's for interior/exterior plastics, leather or rubber that it's all personal preference of what kind of sheen you want. So, I think that part of it shouldnt matter because you cant please everyone. Kind of like the smells of some products.

I find it interesting though that you have streaking; haven't had that problem.

What's your method? Spray directly on the surface or dampen a towel? Two towels? Etc..

I always spray directly except for the smooth surfaces which is when I dampen a corner of a towel and then wipe with a dry portion.  Perhaps a glass towel would work well?

I personally like a very matte finish, but if I am dressing something, I want it to be dark.

I haven't had any problems yet, but I don't spray directly on the surface ever. I always spray into the towel and wipe, then go over it with another towel. I like the natural look and that's what I get with this product. (Some sheen but nothing crazy) Using utility towels for this method.

Probably just all personal preference except for the streaking part; don't know what to tell you.

Also keep in mind that there are multiple different grades or types of plastics used by different car manufactures. By multiple I think over 100.

What's in your Kia might not be what's in my Subaru and what's in our cars might not be in Land Rovers, etc.

What I'm getting at is just a guess, but I am willing to bet that this plays a role in how products/formulas react. (Again just a guess)

Also keep in mind that there are multiple different grades or types of plastics used by different car manufactures. By multiple I think over 100.

What's in your Kia might not be what's in my Subaru and what's in our cars might not be in Land Rovers, etc.

What I'm getting at is just a guess, but I am willing to bet that this plays a role in how products/formulas react. (Again just a guess)

Possibly, I'll have to try it in my VW, but I feel like it will streak on any smooth semi - glossy plastic.

Yeah possibly; just a guess on my part.

Regardless, post your results of the VW.

Now my VW has matte smooth plastics as opposed to the semi-glossy Kia plastic.  Again, even after a two towel method, I get this unless I go over the area many times.  It worked great on the textured plastics and soft touch dash though, but on the lower dash, wiper stalk, window switches, etc. it just doesn't come out even.

IMAG2015_zps482a72b3.jpg 

interesting. I have been using it on multiple types of vehicles  and never have this issue.  But I only spray the towel then wipe and buff with a second one. My Hyundai Genesis  should have similar materials as your KIA . I have yet to have issue with this product. I love the natural new car look of it .

I get the blotchy/streaking on my semi-glossy door switch panels on my truck. For me, SVRT works the best on that location.

I love TID for light cleaning on the dash in both the SS and Colorado. I prefer a darking steering wheel though, so I usually hit that with the LC.

I took these pictures last night and didn't have a problem using the method I use on the smooth surfaces. But I got conned into getting ice cream and forgot to upload the pictures when I got back :lolsmack:

ba3p.jpg
jya3.jpg

jmr8.jpg

3inx.jpg

Sorry, this picture looks like I took it with a potato. The Fiat is painted as you can see in spots and the TID didn't streak there either.

o2g3.jpg

Not sure if this helps...

I took these pictures last night and didn't have a problem using the method I use on the smooth surfaces. But I got conned into getting ice cream and forgot to upload the pictures when I got back :lolsmack:

ba3p.jpg

jya3.jpg

jmr8.jpg

3inx.jpg

Sorry, this picture looks like I took it with a potato. The Fiat is painted as you can see in spots and the TID didn't streak there either.

o2g3.jpg

Not sure if this helps...

Thanks for posting your results.  Perhaps it is just the plastics in my cars.  By the way, I love the STI and the 500 is pretty nice too, especially the Abarth.

Thanks for posting your results.  Perhaps it is just the plastics in my cars.  By the way, I love the STI and the 500 is pretty nice too, especially the Abarth.

I still find it interesting that the other dressing didn't do this, but their TID did.

Yeah luckily the 500 is just a car she brought home this weekend, way to small and uncomfortable for me (6'1"), but lucky for me she's important at a huge auto group, so I get to play with a lot of nice cars whenever I want :).

Keep us updated if you find a fix or something.

Matt, what towels are you using? Are you using Adams utility towels with it?

So far I have tried store brand microfiber utility towels and Adam's WW towels.  Perhaps a single soft would work?

My fiancee's jeep was streaky using TID until the dry plastics absorbed enough nourishment.  After that point, they evened out nicely.  This may be your issue, especially since you identified that the vehicle is new to your family.

My family is the 1st owner of both vehicles and the interiors are maintained regularly.  I just don't have the issue with any other products.

Also, I'm not sure how much smooth hard plastics really absorb much.  The products is fine on anything that is soft to the touch, textured plastics, and leather.

Edited by SYMAWD

I know, I meant the 500 is new to her?  Maybe I read that wrong.  I don't doubt you treat them well, that's why we're all here!  B)

Jessie's was on the lot, and it sucked down product.  I didn't think either product (LIC, TID) were heroes on smooth and shiny.  This thread has shown others have had luck, but I equated it to SVRT.  SVRT works best on porous vinyl, rubber, and trim, not so much on the sealed/shiny.  I'm learning along side you for sure.  I'm interested in the opinions in this thread.  Any advice I can use to make better/easier use of the products and I'm happy.  :)

So far I have tried store brand microfiber utility towels and Adam's WW towels.  Perhaps a single soft would work?

I have only used it with Adam's edgeless utility towels . Maybe the other towels aren't spreading it evenly ? Those store brand towels are pretty in consistent in quality .