Customer Service 866.965.0400

Team Adam's

Question

What the durability like with the new formula?

Similar to the old, maybe slightly better, but not enough to make a big deal about... Buttery has never been a product that touts longevity... for a liquid wax 1-2 months of durability is pretty decent, especially when its as easy to apply as this is. The bigger thing for this revision is its easier to use than ever, it also has a level of filling that I don't think I've ever seen from another liquid wax. It hides imperfections VERY well for the times you need to hide the swirls / don't have time to remove them. 

I've been trying to test what the hot paint limit on this is and haven't found it yet... it was 96* here yesterday, dark green paint, full sun with a surface temp over 180* and it went on and came off with no problems. Videos to follow. 

Similar to the old, maybe slightly better, but not enough to make a big deal about... Buttery has never been a product that touts longevity... for a liquid wax 1-2 months of durability is pretty decent, especially when its as easy to apply as this is. The bigger thing for this revision is its easier to use than ever, it also has a level of filling that I don't think I've ever seen from another liquid wax. It hides imperfections VERY well for the times you need to hide the swirls / don't have time to remove them. 

I've been trying to test what the hot paint limit on this is and haven't found it yet... it was 96* here yesterday, dark green paint, full sun with a surface temp over 180* and it went on and came off with no problems. Videos to follow. 

That's pretty impressive with those temps.  An easy-to-use wax like that is a great choice for people that like to wax/detail their cars but don't have garages or overhangs.  Definately a good accessory to have.  

Since this product has a level of filling capabilities i wonder if it's worth wild to test it with Patriot wax layered on top to get a deeper look.. Thinking on doing this combo this fall for winter longevity on my DD Silverado for testing..

Quick Sealant -> Buttery Wax ,> then topped with Patriot.. I wonder how that would hold up..  or overkill not sure.. Just thinking out loud here.. Worth a try or waste of product? Not sure but these are my thoughts.. 

Mine has arrived.  Washed my truck this morning.  Will apply the Buttery this afternoon.  Feedback and pictures tomorrow!

IMG_3256_zpse7aebc93.jpg

Half way update.  I waxed the hood, fenders and cab so far.  Will finish roof and bed tomorrow morning and then get some full truck shots.  Initial impressions are it is good (as expected) and very user friendly.  Easy to apply and remove, even if applied unevenly (thick).  Wax sets up quickly.  I applied to hood first and fenders second and by the time I was done with fenders the hood was ready to wipe clean.  Cleans up off plastic/rubber trim with ease.  Here are a few pictures.

IMG_3281_zps82097e7a.jpg

IMG_3279_zps78ba1605.jpg

IMG_3260_zps43f9974c.jpg

IMG_3282_zpsaef2bbc4.jpg

IMG_3283_zpse5f18004.jpg

Final product!  Pleased with results, especially considering the minimal amount of effort required to use the new Buttery wax.

IMG_3285_zps8fa2f34a.jpg

IMG_3284_zpseea8082b.jpgIMG_3299_zps2e0eb287.jpgIMG_3298_zps61182f68.jpgIMG_3295_zps6c09d879.jpgb9072120-7065-4bcf-8c8a-e93c2a58f9c2_zps

Edited by TX SS

Lots of testing went into this stuff:

DSC_0621_zps625ae979.jpg

DSC_0623_zpscbbaeb53.jpg

Including heat testing:

DSC_0642_zps24eab3d2.jpg

DSC_0653_zps1ca7bec1.jpg

This stuff is awesome folks.  It works great in the sun and so far has performed better than buttery V1. It's been on the ST and the Terrian for over 2 months and its still holding up well :)

It definitely hides pretty darn well too:

DSC_0628_zps9f8cf389.jpg

I'm really happy with the new formula!

Excellent stuff guys! Thanks for sharing... please remember to contribute your reviews to the Buttery Wax product page when you have a chance. 

I just ran the numbers, and over 200 bottles of the new formula shipped over the weekend alone!! Looking forward to hearing many more success stories. 

Excellent stuff guys! Thanks for sharing... please remember to contribute your reviews to the Buttery Wax product page when you have a chance. 

I just ran the numbers, and over 200 bottles of the new formula shipped over the weekend alone!! Looking forward to hearing many more success stories. 

Dylan quick question for you.. Just ordered a few of your stuff and now i want a wax, but idk which one to get..

Liquid wax preferred  of the few sealants/waxes you guys offer which one is "better quality?" 

How big of difference between liquid and paste wax logivity and shine?

Dylan quick question for you.. Just ordered a few of your stuff and now i want a wax, but idk which one to get..

Liquid wax preferred of the few sealants/waxes you guys offer which one is "better quality?"

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want the longest lasting protection, QS or MSS. If you want shine Buttery, Americana, or Patriot (in that order from least shine to most shine).

If you want both, long protection and shine, go with a sealant topped with a wax.

On my DD I go with QS topped with Americana.

If you prefer liquid waxes, go with Buttery, especially if you'll be waxing outside in the sun. If you want a little more depth and longevity, go with Americana (or Patriot, but I couldn't justify using that on a DD)

Liquid wax preferred  of the few sealants/waxes you guys offer which one is "better quality?" 

Thats a hard question to answer because each person would have define what "better" is for them depending on what they want out of the product. 

Buttery Wax is a good liquid wax. Offers moderate durability, great shine, great filling properties. The biggest reason to use Buttery is the ease of use. Its the easiest, fastest to apply wax we make.

Americana is (for a paste wax) very easy to work with. It will offer better durability and better depth, but the trade off is it is a little more work to apply/remove. Again, for a paste its very easy, but compared to Buttery its a lot of work. 

If you are looking for out and out the most durability then a sealant is going to be the best route to go with. For the mostpart a sealant is going to outlast a comparable wax by 2-3x. The trade off is sealants don't give the same 'depth' that waxes give you so you lose some of the asthetic value. 

It really comes down to your budget, what you prefer to work with, and what you want to see as a result.