Customer Service 866.965.0400

1964 Corvette, Palos Verdes Concours d'elegance

b_pappy

It was an honor just being invited to this event!

We are only the second registered owners of our mostly original 1964 Corvette. I've posted a few pictures of it before, but think I finally got it cleaned up enough to show.

It is the proverbial "little old lady's car", the original owner, a lady, bought it at the age of 50 and owned it until her death 2 years ago. It's a 327/300 HP, powerglide, power windows, power steering, power brakes, soft top delete car. We picked it up and started throwing the entire Adam's aresenal at it.

I kept it as original as possible, refurbishing the wheel covers, the lower rockers, and touching up the emblems. I did replate the bumpers and had the top restored, plus brought the mechanicals back up to snuff.

The original owner lived about 5 miles from where the show would be held. Well I contacted the owners daughter, and she agreed to meet us at the show.

Everthing worked perfect at the show, lengine, lights, gauges, radio, etc. They check it all. We didn't win any hardware at the show, but seeing her daughter's reaction to the car, tears, and telling me "it looks like the day mom brought it home. I'm so glad you have her car." Well, that made the work worthwhile.

She's a driver, we are taking her up in the Sierras in a few weeks for a little vacation, so she needs to run right too. Anyhow, a few pics:

(my wife Tracy with the car)

IMG_2245_zpsc1030c84.jpg

IMG_2247_zpsfee52eed.jpg

IMG_2258_zps7976c6ee.jpg

IMG_2268_zps79303df9.jpg

IMG_2276_zps5794aeff.jpg

The lady in black slacks and white blose is the owners daughter.

Okay, so the winners were all immaculatly restored; two '67 big blocks, and a beautiful '53. It was a great show and I think my car held it's own.

Bruce

Edited by b_pappy

is it just me b/c if i was able to park my truck on the fairway of a golf course, I would have the urge to put down 2 long strips!!!!  I love golf too and would be pissed if someone did this, ha!  Kind of the same thing of going to lowes/home depot and you want to take a weed eater to the flowers section

back to the vetter, beautiful car!!

is it just me b/c if i was able to park my truck on the fairway of a golf course, I would have the urge to put down 2 long strips!!!!  I love golf too and would be pissed if someone did this, ha!  Kind of the same thing of going to lowes/home depot and you want to take a weed eater to the flowers section

back to the vetter, beautiful car!!

They did pull in a restored antique horse drawn fire truck, you should have seen the ruts it left! You can see some of the trucks in the background of this picture.

Thank you all for the compliments.

IMG_2260_zpsc9ec60e9.jpg

Beauty! and so glad to hear it's a driver. :cheers:

As it implies, does "soft top delete" mean the car doesn't have a folding top at all? Do you have a hoist for the hardtop?

Correct, the hardtop was an extra cost option. but if you ordered "soft top delete" the hardtop was no extra charge, and there was no soft top. I don't think I'll miss the soft top. The hardtop lifts off pretty easy, my wife and I can do it, just storing it is a problem. No hoist, but I have seen some nice units.

I agree, cars should be driven.

Thanks for the kind words.

Bruce