Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trying to Update my ....stuff

Doozer

Question

Hi All

I have a Porter cable and pads that I bought from Adams five years ago or so. My wife's got a fairly new Malboc Black Infinity (12k miles) that has some etching and swirl issues. My machine swirl and haze got rid of 80% of the swirls but there still are some water spots and miner scratches that are hanging in there.

I need an update. From start to finish what do you recommend in pads and product to do a bang up job and keep it protected?

PS: Has to work with my Porter Cable

Thanks!

Edited by Doozer

9 answers to this question

Try the new polishes (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-957-new-adams-paint-correcting-paint-finishing-polish-combo.aspx).  They are more aggressive than the Adam's polishes you have, and they finish better too.  Add the MF Cutting pad (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-954-new-adams-65-orange-microfiber-cutting-pad.aspx) and you are getting close to the cutting power of a rotary,  You can use the foam pads you currently have for the finish polishing.

Try the new polishes (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-957-new-adams-paint-correcting-paint-finishing-polish-combo.aspx).  They are more aggressive than the Adam's polishes you have, and they finish better too.  Add the MF Cutting pad (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-954-new-adams-65-orange-microfiber-cutting-pad.aspx) and you are getting close to the cutting power of a rotary,  You can use the foam pads you currently have for the finish polishing.

What do you recommend for protection after the polish?

MSS or QS for durability.  If you want the black to really 'pop', top either of those with BG and Americana.  I have a customer with a black G35 and I do MSS, then wash it again a week later (MSS requires 12-24 hours to cure) and glaze & wax.

Im kind of in the same position, actually i just bought the pc7424xp a week ago and i polished yesterday, took out about 80-90 percent of scratches and swirls but i still see some more scratches, no more swirls.  will the microfiber correcting pad do justice or should i have saved up for the flex because it cuts more?  And maybe im not polishing enough in one spot? im kind of worried of heating up the paint.  Doozer if you get the microfiber pad please let me know how it does!!

sorry for jumping into your thread

Im kind of in the same position, actually i just bought the pc7424xp a week ago and i polished yesterday, took out about 80-90 percent of scratches and swirls but i still see some more scratches, no more swirls.  will the microfiber correcting pad do justice or should i have saved up for the flex because it cuts more?  And maybe im not polishing enough in one spot? im kind of worried of heating up the paint.  Doozer if you get the microfiber pad please let me know how it does!!

sorry for jumping into your thread

IMO the MF pads and the new polishes should be your next step.  The pads and polishes are much less than a Flex, but give almost rotary results.  Also, check your technique vs. the videos to be sure you are using the correct amount of polish, the correct speed, and correct size work area.

Also the pads will work with a Flex if you decide to upgrade later. I have both, the Flex will correct better and in less time. The PC with MF and 2 step polish will help a lot.

Good luck and looking forward to some before after pix

Well I used the new microfiber pad, the paint correct and polish. Seems to work a little faster then the swirl remover of the past.

It removed all the swirls but left some smaller scratches and worst of all some problem water spots that brought me back to this board initially. I'm beginning to wonder if they were caused by water.

I really need to know what my next step is to remove these spots. Yes I did check the vids to confirm my technique, speed and product use.

Do I need to go to the 4" micro and drill to introduce more heat?