Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber pads

HydroBlueJK

Question

Hey guys I'm new to the forum.. I've yet to try adams paint correcting polish and the fine polish.. I currently have meguiars m105 and m205 and Adams foam pads.. seems as if I can't get quite everything that I should be getting out.. I'm goin to order the new polish has anyone came across an example where say a scratch wouldn't come out with foam pads but they got hem out with microfiber pads??

For example the meguiars worked fine on my mustang but my moms buick seems to be a little tougher to get swirls and scratches out

5 answers to this question

The MF pads are more aggressive than the foam pads, so that should help you.  As odd as is it sounds, they also can finish better too.  I have done a few cars where I have used the Correcting polish and the Cutting pad, but was also able to get it to finish down without needing the Finishing polish & pad.  

I have not tried this with Adam's MF system, but to get more cut, I have used 2 drops of MF polish and 1 drop of a more aggressive polish to get a little more 'bite'.

Edited by mc2hill

Hey guys I'm new to the forum.. I've yet to try adams paint correcting polish and the fine polish.. I currently have meguiars m105 and m205 and Adams foam pads.. seems as if I can't get quite everything that I should be getting out.. I'm goin to order the new polish has anyone came across an example where say a scratch wouldn't come out with foam pads but they got hem out with microfiber pads??

For example the meguiars worked fine on my mustang but my moms buick seems to be a little tougher to get swirls and scratches out

How many passes have you made?  How bad was it beforehand?  Are you working the polish til it flashes (clears)?  There's a lot of variables to what you're describing.  And the tricky part is, EVERY PAINT & CLEAR is different.  That's why you're not going to get the same results from car to car, and mfr. to mfr. 

Microfiber and foam are designed to go hand in hand, and one works when the other won't.  Make sense?  For example, I've found in general, that on Audi, I prefer a microfiber pad.  But on Honda, I prefer foam.  GENERALLY SPEAKING, the microfiber will cut a little more, but not "so much" more that you'd notice a massive difference right away.

What it boils down to, is what kind of vehicle you're polishing, and if you're working the polish correctly.  If you are.....THEN, you can determine which pad works best for your particular clear coat and car.  Hope that helps. 

Pictures will always help us diagnose your challenge a bit better.  And welcome to the forum!! :)  You'll find our Correction Polish absolutely crushes that other brand, lol..... :)

How many passes have you made?  How bad was it beforehand?  Are you working the polish til it flashes (clears)?  There's a lot of variables to what you're describing.  And the tricky part is, EVERY PAINT & CLEAR is different.  That's why you're not going to get the same results from car to car, and mfr. to mfr. 

Microfiber and foam are designed to go hand in hand, and one works when the other won't.  Make sense?  For example, I've found in general, that on Audi, I prefer a microfiber pad.  But on Honda, I prefer foam.  GENERALLY SPEAKING, the microfiber will cut a little more, but not "so much" more that you'd notice a massive difference right away.

What it boils down to, is what kind of vehicle you're polishing, and if you're working the polish correctly.  If you are.....THEN, you can determine which pad works best for your particular clear coat and car.  Hope that helps. 

Pictures will always help us diagnose your challenge a bit better.  And welcome to the forum!! :)  You'll find our Correction Polish absolutely crushes that other brand, lol..... :)

This ^  I'll also add that M105 & M205 have personalities very different from Adam's polishes and need to be worked in a different way, so your results will vary when switching between the two brands.  Experiment...experiment...experiment!

Mustangs are known for having hard paint, so m105 and m205 should work very well on this paint.

What I don't know is if Buick paint is soft. (Or at least if the model you're working on is) What I'm getting at is sometimes m205 doesn't play nicely with soft paints and you still might have some marring left afterwards. I'm not sure if you know, but those polishes are "SMAT" and sometimes "DAT" polishes are better at finishing down soft paint.

This is in general, of course there are always different variables that could negate what I'm trying to say.

So, if the Buick has soft paint this could be your problem.

Adam's polishes are "DAT", but have never used their new 2 step finish, so I can't comment on them.