Customer Service 866.965.0400

16 Wheeler G8

Chewy

That's right, I got some new wheels for the G8. These dollies are made in the USA and help keep your tires from flat spotting.

I also 3 year old proofed the side next to the family truckster. It's the stuff manufacturers use when shipping cars.

Hooked to the Deltran battery tender, fuel topped up with Starbrite StarTron ethanol fuel additive added and shoved against the wall.

post-19-0-80180400-1382907262_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-35746400-1382907292_thumb.jpg

Good buy!  I have the rubber Tire Cradles for mine. And I put a rubber floor under the whole car to keep the cold and dampness from coming up through the floor to the undercarriage. Have the Stabil bought, still have to gas it up and hook up the Battery Tender, but she's clean and waxed.   I hate that it's almost time to put it away for 6 months. 

OIC, I live in the deep south east so no worries about having to store vehicles...

But is it good to leave a full tank of gas in the vehicle for 6 months even with Ethanol Treatment?

Edited by jtrade

May have to get a couple of these "Battery Tenders" cause I have a couple batteries sitting around I use for a sprayer, and an old school "John Deere Gator" aka 5 Wheeler (AMT 600) but can also be a spare for the work truck...  I usually just put em on the charger a day or 2 before I need em...  This Battery Tender seems like a better option...

Which Model Battery Tender are u guys using?

Edited by jtrade

May have to get a couple of these "Battery Tenders" cause I have a couple batteries sitting around I use for a sprayer, and an old school "John Deere Gator" aka 5 Wheeler (AMT 600) but can also be a spare for the work truck... I usually just put em on the charger a day or 2 before I need em... This Battery Tender seems like a better option...

Which Model Battery Tender are u guys using?

I've used the Deltran Jrs for years and love them!

I use the same on my diesel the sits most of the time, nice to have two fresh batteries when you need to fire it up.

It is a good plan to store with a full tank, minimizes any chance of condensation in the tank.

Edited by RonBoy

Brian, they're made by "Auto Dolly" I believe.  I bought them on Amazon because at the time, it was the least expensive place I could find them. 

The ones I bought are 12" x 16" which should be enough for larger wheels/tires if/when I get them. 

post-319-0-58038200-1383219916_thumb.jpgHey Chris welcome to the storage club. I am trying to keep the G8 as clean and low mileage as possible for future retirement. I am curious how you pushed the G8 toward the wall. My dollies have handles on the side and I try to use those instead of pushing on the car. I only have a set for the 32 right now because I drive the G8 in. I have always put the 32 on jack stands to get the tires completely off the floor and I want to do the same for the G8 this year.

Your G8 looks great as usual.

Edited by McDuff

attachicon.gifTucked away for winter 2012.jpgHey Chris welcome to the storage club. I am trying to keep the G8 as clean and low mileage as possible for future retirement. I am curious how you pushed the G8 toward the wall. My dollies have handles on the side and I try to use those instead of pushing on the car. I only have a set for the 32 right now because I drive the G8 in. I have always put the 32 on jack stands to get the tires completely off the floor and I want to do the same for the G8 this year.

Your G8 looks great as usual.

Thanks!  

I pushed it in using the tires, and I plan to pull it out using the wheels like handles.  I may actually have to hook it to my truck to get it pulled out.  I have it all the way against the wall so I can't get behind it to push.  One way or another, I'll get it out of there.  My goal is to fire up the heater this winter and work on the car.  I have a new GXP front clip, door handles (all black), and an HSV center cluster to install.   This is one of the reasons I wanted it on wheels.