Customer Service 866.965.0400

One Last Ride

Rich

Took the Vette out for one last spin before she goes under cover for 5 months.  Tomorrow I'll be giving her a final wipe down, gas up, and hook her up to life support. But today was a beautiful day for a ride. We headed out Rt. 30 (Old Lincoln Highway) to Shawnee State Park and Bedford Pa.  Beautiful scenery for sure. I have to change the date on that camera one of these days.  Should be 10/29/2013

post-15-0-52868000-1383091363_thumb.jpgpost-15-0-83330400-1383091387_thumb.jpgpost-15-0-50796500-1383091411_thumb.jpgpost-15-0-65190100-1383091434_thumb.jpgpost-15-0-97573300-1383091455_thumb.jpgpost-15-0-10667900-1383091479_thumb.jpg

Very nice -- today was a beautiful day for a drive. What are you going to do with yourself over the winter?!?

I'm married 40 years. I'm sure I can think of SOMETHING! ;):P

I hear ya Chris.  Between last year and this, I only have 2900 on the od.  Lousy weekend weather this year. Hopefully, we'll have a mild winter and an early spring and hot dry summer coming.

Bigblue, I use a trickle charger for sure.  Right now I have the one on that came with the Vette. Before that, I used a Battery Tender Jr. 

When I store my car I top off the gas tank, and a bottle of Stabil, make sure she's all waxed and clean and DRY.  Since I park in a garage on a cement floor and the garage is not heated or attached to the house, I put those rubber interlocking floor tiles down to keep the moisture and cold from coming up into the underside.  The Tire Cradles, I actually won those, so I use them. Would I pay that much money to buy them?  Probably not.  But then again, I have nothing to compare with since I've had them for the last 12 years I've owned Vettes. I think that a couple of those rubber tiles stacked on top of each other would work just as well.  Some guys I know let a bit of air out of their tires, some add a couple pounds more.  Some use those crazy cradles on casters for storage. You'll get a hundred different opinions on what to do.  Some guys park on wood.  And I put a couple of bounce sheets in the motor, the tail pipes, inside the car, and a couple underneath. Keeps the mice away till spring.  That's about all I do.  Oh, and there's a fleece cover between the car and the winter cover.  Wife made it out of two fleece sheets sewn end to end. Works perfect, works in the summer to keep dust off between washings too.  Best wishes on your deployment. Come home safely. And thank you for your service!