Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford Explorer Polished Aluminum 20" Wheel

07RS4

Question

So does anyone have an '11 - '14 Explorer with these wheels?  If so, are they clear coated or not?  What is your method of care?  I should be picking up the wifes '14 tomorrow and was just curious.  Thanks,-D

6 answers to this question

Thanks Chris.....I've joined the forum and saw this one.  What do think is going on with these wheels?  Crazy if they aren't clear coated just looking at the damage.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396000

...and after I settle in a little, I'm going to have to school up some people on detailing, that's fo sho....just looking at some of the things these guys do, haha. :)

Edited by 07RS4

Thanks Chris.....I've joined the forum and saw this one.  What do think is going on with these wheels?  Crazy if they aren't clear coated just looking at the damage.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396000

...and after I settle in a little, I'm going to have to school up some people on detailing, that's fo sho....just looking at some of the things these guys do, haha. :)

It almost looks to me like they are really dirty.  The description where the current owner describes it as only being on the outside 1/3rd of the wheel, makes me almost think that is just filth that has just been spun to the outer edges of the wheel by rotation of the wheel.

I picked my wife's ride up today...damn that thing is nice.

Wheels are definately clear coated, I pulled them all off already and put some QS in the barrels and the wheel face....also sealed all the plastic in the wheel wells.  I figuired I'd try something different.

After seeing my wheels...my assumption is the clear coat is trashed on the vehicle in the link.